Navigation

Parallel RPI - ParaWiki
A Futuristic Roleplay Intensive MUD

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

guns [2013/05/27 18:29]
prpi created
guns [2013/05/27 18:31] (current)
prpi [Firearm Damage]
Line 88: Line 88:
   * You also suffer some shock and grief (trauma)   * You also suffer some shock and grief (trauma)

-Damage works just like melee combat: when your PC takes a certain level of damage, they will fall unconscious. When they take a certain level more of damage to certain body parts, they'll die - you can't be killed from repeated blows to the foot, for instance. The six stars on your prompt give a general overview of your health: six ****** means you are perfectly healthy, one means you are near-death.+Damage works just like melee combat: when your PC takes a certain level of damage, they will fall unconscious. When they take a certain level more of damage to certain body parts, they'll die - you can't be killed from repeated blows to the foot, for instance. The six stars on your prompt give a general overview of your health: six stars means you are perfectly healthy, one means you are near-death. 
 However, bloodloss and trauma work very differently than they do in melee. However, bloodloss and trauma work very differently than they do in melee.

===== Bloodloss ===== ===== Bloodloss =====
-Let's talk about a "normal" gunshot wound: your armour didn't deflect it, it wasn't graze, it didn't hit your head, so the bullet is likely to be still lodged in you somewhere. You might notice that, hey, I still have five *****, so I must be just fine, right?+Let's talk about a "normal" gunshot wound: your armour didn't deflect it, it wasn't graze, it didn't hit your head, so the bullet is likely to be still lodged in you somewhere. You might notice that, hey, I still have five stars, so I must be just fine, right?

Wrong. Typing health will reveal the extent of your wounds: you'll notice you're bleeding. A lot. If your character took a "normal" gunshot wound, they'll be dead within fifteen real-life minutes, or one in-game hour, from the bloodloss. If your character took six or seven normal gunshots, they'll probably be dead within five real-life minutes. Wrong. Typing health will reveal the extent of your wounds: you'll notice you're bleeding. A lot. If your character took a "normal" gunshot wound, they'll be dead within fifteen real-life minutes, or one in-game hour, from the bloodloss. If your character took six or seven normal gunshots, they'll probably be dead within five real-life minutes.
guns.txt · Last modified: 2013/05/27 18:31 by prpi

Featured artwork used on Parallel RPI given permission for use by original artists macrebisz and merl1ncz.