Home

Register a new account  
Where is everyone?
Forum Index   Θ   OOC Chatter

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:40 pm      Reply with quote

I still see a few familiar names when I check in here, now and then, sparse as the posts may be. Assuming you/they are still MUDing somewhere, which does seem a reasonable guess, where did all Atonement's old players go to? And, for that matter, just about all of SoI's players?

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:21 pm      Reply with quote

No where.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:10 am      Reply with quote

I'm lurking, still wondering how Parallel fell into such a state.

P.S. Matt, I don't see you on AIM anymore. Sad

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:11 am      Reply with quote

I don't mud anywhere. I console game and PC game these days. Also running my own Atonement NWOD game for six of my friends.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:58 am      Reply with quote

Better job and a motorcycle in the works. Life is good.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:05 pm      Reply with quote

I haven't been able to find any MUD that appeals to me, post-Atonement, so, I've been sitting out on the hobby for a while now. I end up spending way too much time playing League of Legends and other bullshit games as an alternative.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:27 pm      Reply with quote

I've been playing Black Sands, since it's pretty much the only non-Arm RPI that's alive (and considering how few players are on at times that aren't 10 PM EST or later, that's not even entirely true).

I've also been pondering another project, but eh.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:51 am      Reply with quote

Yeah Arma was a bit 'meh', but I did try and give it a shot. No muddin' for me since Atonement's gone. Holmes, I did try out Black Sands though, it's actually pretty decent.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:13 pm      Reply with quote

I wasn't mudding for the longest time and I was a little bit lost.

Then about two weeks ago I discovered arm. I've heard nothing but bad things about it and I thought it was a dead mud.

But I was very wrong, it has 80 players on average peek times. 43 people are on as I speak and its not quite peak yet. There is a huge amount of options to fit anyone's play style. Admins have a rule against them directly interfering/killing off pc's.

My biggest complaint about Arm is that it doesn't have color built into it and you have to type full keywords, ex. ~slender instead of ~slen. Oh and your not allowed to use quotes in emotes because it bypasses the language code. That was a hard adjustment for me.

I strongly recommend anyone to give Arm a shot if they haven't before.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:10 am      Reply with quote

There must have been an RPT while you played or something, there haven't been "80 players average" since like 2004. It has been more like 50ish for several years, and they're stretched painfully thin over a huge game world where most places are underpopulated. Armageddon is a game that basically hasn't changed in half a dozen years and is pretty stagnant, this is why people have so much negative to say about it; particularly the players who played back when this wasn't the case. It's a game where there's sometimes a full RL month between posts on the IG bar boards. The roleplaying standard is abysmal and the game always had a very unhealthy OOC culture. It's a neat gameworld and setting, and it'll look cool at first glance, but it has some serious underlying problems that hamstring the roleplay and the progress of the game, and this really starts to come into view once you scratch the surface. Most of its players play there either because they've been there since the days when it was the first and only RPI, or because the game is a twink's paradise where destructive players thrive without any real consequences.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic