Home

Register a new account  
Craft Ideas
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
AdamBlue9000
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:57 pm      Reply with quote

Maybe drugs can be applied in both recreational -and- useful medical ways. Maybe something like morphine can be used to help the severely injured get some stun back and not fall into shock, or for those who are knocked out due to stun loss. In addition, people could shoot up on morphine to get their rocks off. Epinephrine, or adrenaline, could also be applied in recreational and useful ways. Doctors use it to wake up those critically passed out from damage (it would temporarily restore 'blood damage', the damage not represented in wounds but by the 'paleness' of blood loss and such; the effect would last maybe 30 RL minutes, with more doses likely to seriously to have very, very bad side effects) Would also be applied untraditionally to those soldiers wanting some 'performance enhancing drugs' after they've been injured, so they can get back into the battle after they've bled out a bit. Of course, this is a -terrible- idea because it will just leave them likely to pass out when it wears off.

In addition to that, more traditional 'drugs' (crack, cocaine, meth, heroin, ect) would have no part in the system, simply because popular drug trade in the past has probably ruined a lot of shit and would be way, way too hard for the families to regulate, so they simply snuff out any traces of mad chemists attempting to make such drugs when they can, and have been applying such for years. Of course, this doesn't stop the rare bit of it from popping up once in a while.

We already have 'weed', in a sense, as the 'traditional herbal cigarettes', and we have alcohol a plenty, so those are the two main staples taken care of, and we've honestly not any more need. I still think the addition of both heroin and epinephrine would be useful additions to the medical world, so that a prepared doctor would have a kit full of the needed things to revive someone who he -needs- to get up and moving, and he also has the ability to shoot himself up when the stress of the world is resting too hard on his shoulders.

Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 pm      Reply with quote

I get the feeling drugs are just going to end up being a monumental waste of materials, although I guess that would be handled IG.

thorongil wrote:
How fun would it be for one of the Families to walk into their chemical laboratory one day to find that during the night, someone turned their entire chemical supply into heroin?

Not fun at all, and borderline OOC griefing.

For crafts, I would personally enjoy something similar to playground stuff.

...shut up.

Bogre
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:11 pm      Reply with quote

1. Mechanics/Electronics.
- Maintenance, maintenance. Patchwork things to fix, grids to maintain, etc. This allows for a resource sink. Of course there is a balance between 'things to fix' and 'stressed out running around maintaining things' but there is some happy balance, I'm sure. Enough so that if clans are on top of it- things will work well in their part of town and be beneficial, but if they put in partial effort it will be ok- just maybe lights unreliable. And if no effort is put in, shit starts to get uncomfortable.
1. Power grid maintenance.
2. Expanded robot functionality/useability.
3. Ability to wire/install mechanics in abandoned buildings and make functionality.
4.Vehicles! Smile

5. Electronics/mechanics glop box ideas: Video screens, creatable/powerable structures in the wilderness, mining platforms, water collectors, air-scrubbers, powered suits, diving apparatus, security and monitoring systems, radio.

Seer
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:46 pm      Reply with quote

Would anyone consider glomping Biology and Chemistry together? It seems like Biology is really lacking many crafts, and the crafts that it can do seem very limited and dependent on also having Chemistry. I bet it's sort of like the weird First Aid and Medicine split, but... you know? Biochemistry. It'd save having to flesh out Biology into a useful and interesting skill to have. Hell, there is so much one can do with Electronics, Mechanics or Handicrafting, and really I think Biology is simply a prereq for Chemistry.

kog
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:47 pm      Reply with quote

I kinda wish there was a radio station that played music. It could require upkeep from whoever it is that works in the radio tower, maybe add in a computer skill or forage items for different songs you can add to be played. Have it output some 'music' as a transmission over the specified radio channel?

Onasaki
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:43 pm      Reply with quote

"I don't want to set the woooorld on fiiiire..." o/`

Music channels would be neat.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:47 pm      Reply with quote

Sure, write out all the original tunes for that. Smile

kog
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:59 pm      Reply with quote

Challenge accepted.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:14 pm      Reply with quote

There's already a radio station... maybe work with that player.

Nedinu
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 pm      Reply with quote

While certainly doable, I think music on a text game is a very hard thing to pull off. Much easier to do over-the-radio-stories like the ones before television. Comedy routines, suspense thrillers, etc.

Page 2 of 27   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic