Register a new account  
To make shop keeprs lives better and fix the game economy
Forum Index   Θ   Help Desk

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Kristina
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:11 am      Reply with quote

padweld999 wrote:
don't quote me, but we may get a coder sometime in the near-ish future, and that would help a TON. The suggestion for an NPC shop that just buys at a very low price isn't a bad one, though. I just worry about it being abused. Are there any crafts that punch out finished products without a lot of extra supplies or effort?

Ziplock bags come to mind. But honestly, anything that you can make super easy with very little supplies would probably sell for almost nothing chip wise. So it's a way to avoid the abuse; easy crafts=very little chips.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:31 pm      Reply with quote

supified wrote:
Another suggestion I would have. Make a shop that only buys and doesn't sell and specifically only buys finished goods, but not at a good price.

Even if it paid only a REALLY low price, the day code like this goes in, I can envision the PK rate instantly tripling. Cause sad as it is, only takes a few to ruin it for the many. and those few are always out there.

cruelcore
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote

kel wrote:
supified wrote:
Another suggestion I would have. Make a shop that only buys and doesn't sell and specifically only buys finished goods, but not at a good price.

Even if it paid only a REALLY low price, the day code like this goes in, I can envision the PK rate instantly tripling. Cause sad as it is, only takes a few to ruin it for the many. and those few are always out there.

Playing a bandit type character is already near impossible since every PC knows one another. It's very high risk, little reward. I'm all for encouraging this kind of behaviour. In my opinion, Rust should be dangerous and finding other characters you trust enough to step out into the wilderness/in a alleyway with should be hard.

supified
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:24 pm      Reply with quote

kel wrote:
supified wrote:

I see your fear, though I don't know if it's entirely founded. This situation technically exists with the newbie pcs anyway. They start with chips.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:28 pm      Reply with quote

the newbie packs disappear if they are killed within a certain time of their appearance in the game, pretty sure, along with said chips and gear.

MadHatter
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:00 am      Reply with quote

I think the more you hold back doing something just because it may be abused, the less fun the game will be. No matter what you do, there will always be people who figure out ways to abuse some aspect of a game, the rest of the players shouldn't have to suffer for it. I think that, while it shouldn't be easy to make chips, it shouldn't be near impossible either. If you want this to be a long lasting game, some people will have to acquire wealth and help to establish an economy. I think that if you want independents in the game, you need to give them a reason to be independent. Give them jobs that Families can't do or wouldn't stoop to doing. Give them a purpose. Because right now it's unrealistic that anyone would choose to be independent over being in a Family where food, water and materials are more readily available. Anyone who picks an independent background, myself included, is stretching. Only a madman would choose starving and constant fear of robbery without a damn good reason.

supified
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:05 am      Reply with quote

So this is still a problem. It seems family chips goes almost exclusively to npc shopkeepers, so the only place it seems to me that chips goes between pcs is from newbie pcs. As in a newbie rolls gets starting chips and -only those chips- end up in the economy. This would be fine if we had a barter system but the npc shopkeepers only take chips.

If this problem was really happening in game (remember the problem isn't lack of wealth, it's lack of a certain currency) someone would ic solve it by printing money. But this problem is not ic, it's completely artificial. I really hope we get a fix soon.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:49 pm      Reply with quote

I'd have to disagree. It seems that things, albeit slowly, getting better.

Plus... it seems like Parallel is meant to be a mainly barter based economy (which is awesome, especially when compared to a current abundant mud like Harshlands). The only -need- for chips are the patterns/etc, which if you're a crafter selling things, might mean you have lower your prices to sell stuff to afford those. The chips are out there. You see plenty flashed around the market in various transactions. If you're unable to cash in on those, then it might be time to get more creative. If you're wanting ship to rent a shanty, well, having your own shanty is a purely luxury item. Might have to give it up.

On the side of the families, they're starting up from scratch like everyone else. So they need to buy all those mostly one-time-purchase items the same as the indies (but on a family scale). Once they get all the various kits and molds and what not they need, they'll be in a better position to start boosting the PC economy.

Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:39 pm      Reply with quote

I actually enjoy the rarity of chips right now. Forcing players to run to each other for bartering, especially the Indies. It's awesome. The fact that Families have a slightly easier time getting hold of them works well with the game. Nobody wants to see really wealthy Indies running around.

All in all, don't change nuthin'!

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote

One suggestion I have, that would probably be a huge boost to the overall game economies... Bring back the labor crews, like we had in the ship. Put them in the market. Could call em... cleaning crews, or shanty upkeep crews. Let you earn one or two or three or four or five or whatever it was chips for the various levels of success, put a timer on it.

This would help bring some new chips into the game, and provide, at least a small, balance to the devices taking them out of the game (mainly shanties and gold blocks).

Page 3 of 5   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic