Home

Register a new account  
Sparring Weapons
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Real
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:09 pm      Reply with quote

^ So much awesome, I think I have to lay down.

So down with scavenging camps.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:53 pm      Reply with quote

Seer's suggestion is so much win that it hurts.

Seer
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:24 pm      Reply with quote

Handicrafters/armorers/mechanics/electricians/trapmakers could be involved in establishing and fortifying camps. It's a material sink. The camps could degrade and have difficulties depending on story and how well defended they are. These camps, once established to their full potential, allow for new camps further on to be set up which are more dangerous/profitable.

Like a mine or a mountain, these could turn into basecamps, checkpoints for other runs. They could progress with power/equipment creep of the playerbase to open up new, more challenging opportunities. They could act as points of control by Families, so forth. Ideas! (I must stop)

Sabrelon
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:38 pm      Reply with quote

Seer wrote:
Handicrafters/armorers/mechanics/electricians/trapmakers could be involved in establishing and fortifying camps. It's a material sink. The camps could degrade and have difficulties depending on story and how well defended they are. These camps, once established to their full potential, allow for new camps further on to be set up which are more dangerous/profitable.

Like a mine or a mountain, these could turn into basecamps, checkpoints for other runs. They could progress with power/equipment creep of the playerbase to open up new, more challenging opportunities. They could act as points of control by Families, so forth. Ideas! (I must stop)

I actually like this idea a -lot-

Zerero
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:54 pm      Reply with quote

Like most of these ideas. Not sure if we have the playerbase for them, though.

Bogre
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:18 pm      Reply with quote

Seer's idea is badass. It would need a big playerbase though. Maybe just 1-2 camps to start, and not a big-long haul out there.

AFAIK this was one of the ideas for Parallel on Venus.

Seer
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:43 pm      Reply with quote

I think it has room to start small, to be sure. I think it's the strength of the concept. The settling/fortifying of camp stuff would definitely be something that would come like, six months or more into the game, when people have undoubtedly power/object creeped/want to build and find new stuff.

The moderate danger, 3-6 player, 2-3 'instanced' areas with log-off rooms is something I could see implemented w/o a huge PB.

Sabrelon
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 pm      Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't see in particularly why it'd need a big playerbase if the idea is to use them to set aside areas for smaller scavs/groups/etc in the first place.

In fact, the more I think about the prospects this could yield, the more excited I am.

Page 8 of 8   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic