Home

Register a new account  
Fighting styles
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:56 pm      Reply with quote

I think we got rid of those special attacks. They were silly.

Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:00 pm      Reply with quote

When you say special attacks, are you referring to master strike/impale/etc or the whole list?

Regardless, they're not silly. Sad They make me feel like a special snowflake, and that's what matters most. Sad

Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:21 pm      Reply with quote

They were silly because they were just primitive progs that didn't interact very elegantly with skills or the nature of the specific weapon used. Also I don't like active combat abilities that just encourage spam and have no reason not to use them. Being a master with a sword is benefit enough in itself, I don't see what some master-super-stab skill adds to the game other than further encourage spam and skill-twinking. It smacks of RPGs.

kog
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:33 pm      Reply with quote

I can't think of a single ability that was 'spammable' in combat, from the list I posted. Unless people were grip-changing over and over and over, which does nothing. Master-strike is the only active skill, in fact - it hurts you when you use it, and last I checked it was a decent hurt.

Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:39 pm      Reply with quote

Moderate, maybe severe to your enemy, moderate to yourself unless you had massive con.

The skills were interesting and welcome additions in ARPI, and didn't affect people's twink routines at all. It's just extra, coded flavor, and that's always nice.

Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:51 pm      Reply with quote

They were literally just object procs attached to certain weapons. It's possible that Kithrater will implement something similar but more in line with the ward/bash features, backed by proper code and with more interesting purposes than just more pew. His first project is a re-design of the firearm code, particularly how shooting and cover works, but currently he's going to America for a month or something.

Page 4 of 4   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic