Home

Register a new account  
Questions about Construction crafts
Forum Index   Θ   Help Desk

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:41 am      Reply with quote

I was familiar with the ones before but I was wondering if any of them changed. Before it didn't matter what type of metal you used and what you built. Does the metal type hamper/help at all?

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote

As far as I know, alion will work for the small, single story rooms. If you want medium or large rooms, or a room to build a second story on to, you need chrion or better.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:46 pm      Reply with quote

Kel is correct.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:32 pm      Reply with quote

so as long as nothing goes ON TOP OF a construction, and it is small... it can be alion?

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:27 pm      Reply with quote

Yep.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 pm      Reply with quote

How many rooms do you get with a medium and a large project once it is completed?

Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:31 pm      Reply with quote

I think they're generally one room but with greater capacity. A small building will be more like a rentable shanty, i.e. a capacity of 500lb or whatever it is. Medium might be 1000lb. I'm sure we would allow people to make medium/large buildings and have them divided into smaller rooms equivalent of small buildings if they so desire.

There were never really any official rules about this since almost nobody has built buildings, but their denoted size is meant to be relative rather than literal. A large building is not actually a huge warehouse or anything but probably rather something like a shop. We'll outline a more complete guide for these sometime.

Unless Holmes has some personal guidelines that he hasn't shared, these are examples of what the different sizes of buildings might provide:

Small building: storage chamber; small greenhouse; sleeping hovel

Medium building: comfortable shack, comparable to the back rooms of current market shops

Large building: entire shop with storeroom, workshop and storefront; small bar; decent abode for a family of three

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:46 pm      Reply with quote

I wouldn't limit yourself to thinking just 'rooms' either. I'm fairly certain you could build things like gates/towers/bunkers/crowsnest but would have to touch base with admins on the proper building size.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:53 pm      Reply with quote

I just noticed that the medium and large crafts use the same amount of materials as the small building. Figure that's an error.

Sphinx
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:54 pm      Reply with quote

There are at least twice as many crafts for medium and large than there are for small, so you have to use twice the materials.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic