Home

Register a new account  
Role play Criticism and Critiquing
Forum Index   Θ   Help Desk

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Guts
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:05 pm      Reply with quote

Here we offer constructive criticism to each other in efforts to increase our ability to role play. Keep in mind that others are volunteering to be criticized

Rules (subject to change)
1. Respect the player
Do not bash each other, stay on topic and take your fights to another thread

2. Post your char anonymously
Send a Mudmail to Guts with your name and your sdesc

3.Target the player
This thread is not a place to say which characters you like but rather, if you appreciate the players ability to play their character.

4.Be constructive
If you do not like how someone plays, tell them why no simple "I like that guy" or "Man he sucks." This is a place for people to train and develop their skills for RP

These should seem simple enough and if anyone feels I am missing any rules they think are important are free to PM me so that I may edit.

edit* Fixed problems with posting now changed to Mudmail

*Edit again -cleaning up some issues[/b]

Guts
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:40 am      Reply with quote

This is where I will post a current list of PCs willing to be added

(List is currently working progress, be sure to send your sdec)

Gale-a pale, stormy-eyed young man
Roland-a heavily-pierced, grass-green haired young man
Zack- an inked up, lanky man
James Morrow-a hale, dark-haired man
Eli-a solidly built man with blue-grey eyes
Davis- a fairly athletic grey-eyed young man
Rex-a fair-skinned young man with a wild mane
Seth Blake-A large, tattooed grey-eyed man
Proto-a cadaverous, stark man
Dasmithe 'Daz'-A lofty, spindly man with a sable complexion
Dani - a stalwart, russet-headed man
Rachel - a round-faced, dark-featured young woman
Kallie- a short, pixieish young woman with electric blue hair
Jay-a slight, short-haired young man
Miri-a slender, olive-skinned young woman
Marshall - A bald, gaunt-faced lanky young fellow
Katy O'Clarey- a tiny, strawberry-blond-haired maiden
Trent O'Clarey- a musclebound, pony-tailed-haired young man
Rook-An Angular, marred young man
Eliza, a compact, disheveled female
Murdock-a wispy white-haired man with a walrus moustache
Jake -a spare young man with crooked features
???-a middle-aged female with dusky-hair
Bawkeh-a broad, rust-skinned titan
Fionna - a pale young woman with fiery red hair
Benedict - a girl with short, chocolate-brown hair and green eyes
Riley Nine - a lanky young woman with red-to-gold hair
Lana Blake - A flaxen-haired chick with steely eyes
Tiny- A twitchy young blonde with explosive tattoos
Hera- an hourglass-shaped woman with lashless eyes
Reese - A weedy, eldritch-eyed woman
Remiel-A gangling, raven-haired young man
Fionna - a pale young woman with fiery red hair
Ralph- A storm-grey-eyed, musclebound male youth
Soltari: a lightly-tanned, hazel-eyed female
A slim, fox-eyed youth - Renard

Updated 7/3/13

Be sure you folks give me a sdec and your name

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:42 am      Reply with quote

Like someone else recommended, you can create a character named Guts by typing 'Guts !' at character naming. That'll let someone mudmail you easily.

Guts
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:57 am      Reply with quote

Holmes wrote:
Like someone else recommended, you can create a character named Guts by typing 'Guts !' at character naming. That'll let someone mudmail you easily.

Done and Done

Guts
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote

Updated with a few people, will be adding more on as names come in, likely every few days

Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:33 am      Reply with quote

It's been a couple weeks. Here goes, I suppose.

Gale-a pale, stormy-eyed young man: tragically short-lived. I'd have been interested to see what became of Gale long-term, or what really drove or motivated him. He came across as outwardly somewhat welcoming, at least; I never did see deeper than that. I've spoken to you (i.e. pof Gale) already, and am aware that you had concerns of homogeneity between your characters, but I'm not really seeing it that much. much.

Roland-a heavily-pierced, grass-green haired young man: so strikingly different from what I expected from the sdesc. Heeee. I don't have anything terribly constructive to add, I'm afraid. >.>

Zack- an inked up, lanky man: it's hard to put a finger on this guy's personality. Is that deliberate? I can only assume it is, although perhaps that's from having rather limited contact with him, and that I've seen him at some odd stages. Like the style, though.

James Morrow-a hale, dark-haired man: some funky changes in emoting style between when he's in a group or with an individual or smaller number of people. Maybe due to typing speed and time constraints?

Seth Blake-A large, tattooed grey-eyed man: a nice taken on the working family man. He has this very "solid" feel about him. If that's what you're trying to convey, well, you're right on the mark.

Proto-a cadaverous, stark man: he's hard to read, and presumably deliberately so. I do appreciate the chances given to see a little deeper into the character, now and then.

Rachel - a round-faced, dark-featured young woman: a tribute to Eight, perhaps? Another hard to gauge character, with regard to what she's actually thinking - not that there's anything wrong with that. Just about my only gripe would be a tendency of hers to focus in on one or two people, that I've seen, though, honestly, that's very minor, and more likely than not what makes sense in-character.

Kallie- a short, pixieish young woman with electric blue hair: enjoyable so far. I do sometimes stop and wonder what drives or motivates her, though maybe I'l find out in due course.

Miri-a slender, olive-skinned young woman: another tragically short-lived character. Would just like to note that I did enjoy what I saw of her.

Marshall - A bald, gaunt-faced lanky young fellow: ahem. Someone sent me a four line log snippet of something funny, and ever since, I've had this view (as a player) of Marshall as a lovable dork. <.<

Trent O'Clarey- a musclebound, pony-tailed-haired young man: headstrong and carefree. I do sometimes wonder if the player is catching everything happening in some scenes, though, since the character has, once or twice, acted somewhat unexpectedly, as if missing a bit of information. Could certainly just be the character, though, rather than any lapse of player attention.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:11 am      Reply with quote

Roland-a heavily-pierced, grass-green haired young man: Emotes/says are really top notch. Activity is good, I know what your main motivation is. However I would expect you to step into a more active leadership role for your clan but you haven't.

James Morrow-a hale, dark-haired man- I can only comment as an outsider of your clan but Morrow doesn't feel like hes in charge of anything. You only appear to the public for scav trips and there isn't much room for rp there.

Dasmithe 'Daz'-A lofty, spindly man with a sable complexion- One of my favorite characters to strike up a scene with because you always seem interested in RP given to you and you return it well. If I had a criticism I would say that you don't initiate and will sit idle until someone communicates with you.

Dani - a stalwart, russet-headed man-Very slow to get any response out of, normally when players are like this they are writing overly long emotes or says which take time to formulate. But for you its almost like your are in another window and are checking in on the mud every 5 minutes to see if you have to reply.

Katy O'Clarey- a tiny, strawberry-blond-haired maiden- Another slow responder and constant idler. Your rp is good when it gets across but your teaching RP needs some serious work and effort.

Trent O'Clarey- a musclebound, pony-tailed-haired young man- I'm bias here because Trent is a hero to my play-experience lately. He truly stepped up as a player to breath life into a floundering clan. Which has rescued a dozen active players from stagnation, your RP is good but understandably leadership really cuts out of your time to Rp at length, hopefully you will find an opportunity to delegate responsibility because I fear you might burn out.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:31 pm      Reply with quote

Dasmithe 'Daz'-A lofty, spindly man with a sable complexion : I love Rping with you. My only concern is what I can't keep up! You really can curn out the emotes and sometimes it clashes with what someone else may emote. Other than that, it is usually funny as hell when the ball starts rolling

Roland-a heavily-pierced, grass-green haired young man : Although I haven't got to RP with you one on one as many times as I have tried, I have had the pleasure of sharing your rp. It is great, but I always thought you would be more action and less diplomatic for a Niner boss.

Davis- a fairly athletic grey-eyed young man : I fully enjoyed the rp clashes we had. My char never hated you though, despite the difference of opinions. I think you can be pretty colorful with many rp hooks. But always wanted to know WHERE DID YOU GO? I never see you or your brother any more.

Katy O'Clarey- a tiny, strawberry-blond-haired maiden : I still enjoy your rp, the cutesy antics and the way certain things rile you up. My only critique is expand a little in emotes. Your great once you get into the goove of things and You can be VERY creative.

???-a middle-aged female with dusky-hair : Ah... I am mixed with you. You sometimes think of the most insane ways to get your point across and then other times I have no clue what your going on about. Your ability to adapt has been great however, but when it comes to thinking of ways to interact with you like anyone else..... it leaves me stumped. I will work on that but my main suggestion would be to try an interact with others for fun or just amusement, unless that is what your char is like.

James Morrow-a hale, dark-haired man : I am a bit disappointed because the lack of traditional rp I don't get out of meeting with you. I understand the circumstances though and know that certain situations don't call for it. My only suggestion, and I am sure it will be echoed, is to be a little faster if at all possible?

Dani - a stalwart, russet-headed man : I agree that you were slow to post, but on the positive side I did like the char when he was doing something. I do hope he comes back into the gam with the same attitude of ACTUALLY helping out.

Guts
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 am      Reply with quote

Quote:
Roland - a heavily-pierced, grass-green haired young man
Lots of promise, really hope to play with more. Kind of like a mystical beast in that it's rare to see him out and about, but that could be a timing thing.

James Morrow-a hale, dark-haired man
I really can't get a read on this character. Their clipped roleplay makes it hard to see the character as dimensional, and for as stylistic someone could get with being Guard, or even the leader of the Guard, it feels flat. It makes me a little put off in trying out the Guard.

Dani - a stalwart, russet-headed man
I really wish I could have seen more of this character. I think there could have been a lot more to do with them.

Kallie - a short, pixieish young woman with electric blue hair
The closest character to one that existed in Atonement that I can pick out. I'd like to interact with them to see how far/not far that similarity runs.

Marshall - A bald, gaunt-faced lanky young fellow
Marshall is top notch. He's inclusive! Again, a character I want to see more of and hope lasts for a long time to come, to see where the character is taken over time.

Jake - a spare young man with crooked features
Not afraid of contention, which I like. I think it will be interesting to see where this character goes on their own after recent events. Don't see often outside of family or scavenges, which is kind of sad.

Bawkeh - a broad, rust-skinned titan
Short lived, but looked like there was potential. Like Jake, didn't shy from contention. The game does well when there are a few people who front on other people's status quos, and I think that's what Bawkeh was prepared to do.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:24 am      Reply with quote

Pof Fehnch would like feedback. And how much you love his accent.

And maybe if you'd like to buy some dahgs.

Page 1 of 3   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic