Home

Register a new account  
False 'foraged' room flag
Forum Index   Θ   Bug Reports

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
edgeworth
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:35 pm      Reply with quote

Submitting 'forage' while you're still moving causes the 'stop travelling first' error, however once you stop moving and try it again the area that wasn't forage before becomes foraged. As such, the 'forage' sets the room flag without anyone actually foraging.

wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:48 pm      Reply with quote

This is because it's based on a prog that triggers just because you type forage. It doesn't actually check to see if you've foraged.
Not entirely sure staff is able to fix this, or I'm sure they would have already? Just spreadin' the word because it comes up fairly often in chat and stuff.

edgeworth
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:12 pm      Reply with quote

It shouldn't be too difficult, just put in a step that checks if the command was sent before changing the flag. (Of course it's never this easy.)

Kristina
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:13 pm      Reply with quote

If I remember correctly from a past post by Holmes, it's done on purpose to prevent abuse of the scav system? Maybe? Like.. speed scaving.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:22 pm      Reply with quote

I don't think it's done on purpose from listening to Holmes, but it's kept partially BECAUSE of that, yeah.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:52 pm      Reply with quote

It's just to stop people from being able to have giant groups going through the sewers. This is just a side effect of how progs work.

edgeworth
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:47 am      Reply with quote

Holmes wrote:
It's just to stop people from being able to have giant groups going through the sewers. This is just a side effect of how progs work.

I think, I understand. Would it be feasible to put the flag once someone triggers the "You begin searching the area for anything of use." instead of when someone just enters "forage"? That way even if two people start foraging at relatively the same time, one of them will get an error. It's no ideal, because stopping the foraging will mean that you can't re-forage, but it's better.

Just a suggestion. Smile

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote

Unfortunately because of the ways progs are done for these that they must be done via the player input in this particular case. e.g. forage.

Page 1 of 1   Θ  
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic