Register a new account  
deal illicit-drugs
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
creepyguyinblack
Registered

The Alpha and the Omega

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:42 am      Reply with quote

I havent seen them ig myself, but know there is a chemistry craft to create "illicit drugs", though not sure who says they're illicit or why, and don't believe they have any current coded use besides rp. If they do have some coded effect or personal echos when using them, then thats great.
But there should also be a craft to deal them, similar to haggle in ARPI. It'd be very realistic to a criminal-descended culture, especially one run by a few gangs. Since we dont have haggle, i dont know what skill it would check, if any, maybe it could simply succeed or fail based on how recently it was attempted in the same location.
What I think could be interesting, is this dealing craft could only be performed outside the market, in turf rooms (thus making the illicit in its name apply to the market). If you're in a Family, you can deal in your own turf with no problem, but if you try in another family's turf, failure may be more likely, and posibly a chance of alerting any online or close by family members of that turf, or at least having vnpcs post a desc on a rumorboard for this.
As for the craft functionality, one idea would be, if dealing has not been performed in a turf room for 24h, or some value, success is high, and when complete, the maximum chips are paid out. further dealing should be in other rooms, or else repeated will decrease success and payout. Failures could just be that you don't find a buyer, and critical failures destroy the drug, saying you got robbed or ripped off, which get much more likely with repeated attempts. So this mechanism would be of greater benefit to families with more turf, assuming plentiful drug supplies, which may not be for a long time.
As for indies attempting to deal, they could have greater chance of failure, and of alerting whatever family turf they are using, and just being caught by passing by pcs. Of course, indy chemists could still just sell or trade their products to family pcs like normal.

Ideas, suggestions?

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:11 am      Reply with quote

Not a bad suggestion but if you fail as an indie or even as an opposing family member and the turf owning family becomes aware of you. They will probably kill you...well at least 2 out of the 3 clan leads are exactly the type to say 'I don't want drugs on my turf if I catch anyone dealing it they'll be shot'

edgeworth
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:22 am      Reply with quote

I think this will largely be scrutinised as a new method of generating credits. I remember there being two similar methods in Atlas ARPI, namely the john and the repair crew, but considering that there aren't any at the moment, it seems unlikely that this will appear soon. If we got a few others of those, this does sound fairly fitting. Maybe just an NPC that appears occasionally and would buy off a few from you via a craft.

On the other hand, I can imagine party drugs selling rather well in the auction house.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:09 pm      Reply with quote

I thought a bit about it and I decided it would be cool to have family chemist pump out drugs while the rest of the clan could take them around the turf and get chips for them. Even if it was like 1 chip per capsule and you could only sell 5 capsules a Pc/day. You'd probably have families taking 2-3 chips out of the 5 chips leaving 2-3 for the underling selling them.

Page 1 of 1   Θ  
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic