Home

Register a new account  
Item Grouping
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
imany
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote

I don't /think/ there's an existing command for this yet.

This happens automatically for some items and not automatically for others. Once separated, there is no way to group things back together. Would just like to manually be able to group similar things for certain items -- food and glowsticks in particular would be good. This would reduce spam and allow for more flexibility in shop pricing.

Watson
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:10 pm      Reply with quote

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean you want the ability to price all of the glowsticks in a shop to the same price at once? If that's the case, you should be able to do, "command shopkeepernpc mark all.glowstick price" to mark all items with the keyword 'glowstick' in the shop inventory to the same price all at once.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:15 pm      Reply with quote

They want certain things to be set to stack. I'll do that if you post a list. I know Viking just made a bunch of food stack.

imany
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:17 pm      Reply with quote

The only way to sell things like glowsticks, flavoring, packets etc etc for less than one chip apiece is if they're grouped. Otherwise, it may be priced at less than a chip but you'll still pay a chip apiece just due to how the code works.

Example: when you craft a set of glowsticks, it comes out as something like '10 <color> glowsticks'. I don't remember if it autogroups or not if you drop more than one set of freshly made glows, but if it doesn't, you have to sell the glowsticks for something divisible by 10. That's not such a big deal, you can work around it pretty easily. If, however, you're trying to sell glowsticks that have been separated into individual sticks, they'll end up as separate products and can't be bundled back up. Not a big deal if you're pricing for whole chips, but most of these things aren't valued at that much and will just end up being shop spam. In this case, you'll end up with 10 lines of individual glowsticks and no way to regroup them.

Edit:

Oh, awesome. Okay-- uh

* All cooking products of similar type
* glowsticks of similar color
* dyes of similar color
* spray paint of similar color
* full bars/bolts of raw goods of similar type+color
* I want to say hides, but I understand if this isn't a possibility

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:17 pm      Reply with quote

<already answered twice, woohoo>

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:19 pm      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
They want certain things to be set to stack. I'll do that if you post a list. I know Viking just made a bunch of food stack.

Want to be careful with that. In some instances, crafts will take a stack of items and treat them as a single item.

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:19 pm      Reply with quote

This is most often done with certain "changeable" items. Preventing of stacking, that is.

If an item can change at some point in its life, either morphing to another object (such as rotting meat) or lights (ala glowsticks), then they cannot be stacked. This is down to the code.

imany
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:22 pm      Reply with quote

Some kind of workaround for stacks like a shop container might work, too. Everything in this bin is priced for x chips. Though, that seems like it'd be more complicated than allowing stacking of other items.

Re: changeable stuff, can it just be checked against whether or not that stick is at 'full'?

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote

RE: Glowsticks, aren't these made at eight at a time anyway? If you want to sell them/have them stacked, just don't unstack them.

Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:40 pm      Reply with quote

When a craft produces multiple of an object, they come out stacked. Otherwise the item needs to have the 'stack' flag to do so, and that gets awkward with variables. It's also a bit iffy with objects that have a function or changeable state, such as containers and lights.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic