Independent Slum Base/Building Lore & Guidance
Forum Index   Θ   Player Documentation

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:34 pm      Reply with quote

General FAQ Regarding Slum Lore & Independent Buildings:

Q. Will the game be destroyed by independents building in the slums?
A. No. As we move forward through the lore of Parallel (or RustRPI, as I like to call it, because Holmes is lazy) you will find that, in the past 120 years, many different small bands have gathered together to scratch out a living in the slums. Many have fallen.

Q. Is there a difference, lore wise, between Independent bases and Family bases?
A. Yes, Family bases have been around for decades, and have a rich and varied history of conflict. Independent Bases, on the other hand, have been around for a few weeks. So, an Independent base would not have the power of controlling any sort of local vNPCs, turf, or other such benefits to being in control over a well populated area for a long period of time.

Q. My Independent Base has been around for IG years. When will we be able to be as powerful as the Families?
A. Never. Decades of time has been spent by the families rising from nothing to what they are today.

Q. My Independent Base is pretty awesome. Can we get some roles in chargen?
A. Nope. See previous answer.

Q. So... where do we stand? We are better than nothing, but not families?
A. These indie bases should be considered basically communal homes for organizations. There won't be any support for independent organizations trying to become families. This isn't Grungetown 2.0 where you walk into a base and turn on a generator.

Q. Can we have clanning?
A. Yes, if you have a building.

"Was a Niner once, then I took a gato bite t'th'knee," a bald, gaunt-faced lanky young fellow says a bit randomly as he looks his knee over.
cruelcore
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:58 pm      Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
General FAQ Regarding Slum Lore & Independent Buildings:

Q. My Independent Base has been around for IG years. When will we be able to be as powerful as the Families?
A. Never. Decades of time has been spent by the families rising from nothing to what they are today.

But that's exactly what the red company did, according to the documentation.

Documentation wrote:
The Red Company was officially formed roughly fifty years after people settled around the Hyperion Platform. Starting as merely a small crew of ambitious slum-dwellers, they grew steadily until they were able to seize the old industrial district in the northwestern corner of Rust.

Is that never an absolute, even if a base has been around for a ridiculous amount of time both IG and OOCLY, has a large player base, and a unique culture that makes it stand out?

If it's an admin decision, I can understand, but it seems a bit jarring NPC's can accomplish what PC's cannot for OOC reasons.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:14 pm      Reply with quote

The Red company has been around for about seventy years.

cruelcore
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:23 pm      Reply with quote

Holmes wrote:
The Red company has been around for about seventy years.

An independent base could be around for the same amount of IG time, if not longer, if the game's still running 10-20 years from now. I understand amassing the power to rival a family should be a very very VERY difficult thing to do, but never means it's outright impossible.

Casper
Registered

Moon Ghost

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:27 pm      Reply with quote

I think that if one of these independent clans existed for that long in-game, with uninterrupted prosperity and undeniable acquisition of power, then implementing them would be taken seriously. But with three other rival, well-established families, the chances of this happening are so slim that it's barely worth recognizing them as entities for at least several in-game years.

That's my opinion.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:48 pm      Reply with quote

If an indie base lasts 10 RL years, fuck becoming like a family, you can have the game.

kog
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:28 pm      Reply with quote

I'll have my Skype army start writing apps as soon as I get home.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:04 pm      Reply with quote

Just start a group badass enough to take out a family in a war and make them surrender.

Page 1 of 1   Θ  
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic