Home

Register a new account  
Sculpting
Forum Index   Θ   Help Desk

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
yseulte
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:44 am      Reply with quote

Is sculpting something possible within game? One can make a statuette and with some tools engrave or etch, but can they carve or sculpt metal, rock or plastic into something particular? What would this require?

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:02 am      Reply with quote

There shooooould be an artistry craft called 'make metal-statuette', if that's not what you were referring to.

That said, if you want to sculpt something else, like a wall or stone, and you think it's a skill that your character could be reasonably expected to have you can work with staff to get something made if you RP it out.

yseulte
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:14 am      Reply with quote

There is. It just was not producing exactly what I was looking for in 'sculpting'. Hm. I'll have to talk to staff next!

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 am      Reply with quote

I'll try and figure it out. Can probably just recreate something similar to how paintings work.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:13 am      Reply with quote

You could get rocks and tag omotes on them.

wilde
Administrator

Over Emote-tional

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:31 am      Reply with quote

Hyriana wrote:
That said, if you want to sculpt something else, like a wall or stone, and you think it's a skill that your character could be reasonably expected to have you can work with staff to get something made if you RP it out.

To clarify, we don't offer custom items as a general rule. Exceptions might be something for use by a clan or the whole playerbase for an RPT.

If it's intended to remain in one place, we can always update the room description to include it.

Rome
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:03 am      Reply with quote

Artistry: make metal-statuette
Phase 1: 10 seconds
In Room (Reusable): a white-hot, large furnace.
Held or in Room (Partially Consumed): a bar of $ironAlloy-iron.
Phase 2: 10 seconds Amateur Artistry skill required.
Held or in Room (Partially Consumed): a $plasticcolor case of manufacturing
tools.
Phase 3: 20 seconds
Produced: a lump of $ironalloy.

decorate lump 's desc' full desc.

Example: decorate lump 'a Matt-like Marine' This is a tiny version of what Matt looks like in uniform. It carries a big stick, and is signed under one foot with the initials, 'TR'.

You will get an object that says something like 'a horribly-engraved titon statuette of a Matt-like Marine'

Don't take me word for word on the last part, although it does tell you before you finalize what it will be. So, no worries.

And, as they say down there where people are upside down:

Cheers.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:51 am      Reply with quote

I think she means to sculpt things that aren't metal based as well. Maybe we can get a "make plastic-statuette" craft added to artistry? or "carve moon-rock" which needs.. uh a carving kit and a rock to make a block of rock. Which can be decorated with etching kits, engraving kits, sculpting kits etc etc.

Just to give us more variety to what we can make art out of.

yseulte
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:16 pm      Reply with quote

Engraving is not the same as sculpting, in terms of what I want to be able to do with make metal-statuette.

What I can do with decorate engraving:

What I can with decorate etching:

What I want to do with decorate carving or sculpting:

It would be awesome to be able to do up stone or plastic statuettes too and be able to decorate. Or to be able to decorate a wall/gate or doorway with something other than paint.

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:20 pm      Reply with quote

wilde wrote:

To clarify, we don't offer custom items as a general rule. Exceptions might be something for use by a clan or the whole playerbase for an RPT.

If it's intended to remain in one place, we can always update the room description to include it.

I'm cheating a bit here by knowing what she's referring to (probably) and it should fall under one of these headings.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic