Home

Register a new account  
Few minor things from a new player.
Forum Index   Θ   Bug Reports

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
thewalkingkane
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:29 am      Reply with quote

Just created my account and was working on my first character when the server crashed (lol).

Bug(?): When selecting "3. Create a new character" from the main menu, the opening paragraph states: 'Atonement is a role-play intensive environment' and so on. I'd imagine this is from a previous build.

Typo: When selecting a role, a typo can be found in the sentence: 'If you would not like to select any of these rolls, enter 0.'

Suggestion: All three roles listed in the initial selection are the same and give no information on what those rolls entail. A (new) player is dependent on investigating through other means to see what the differences are (to which I can vaguely assume that it's just a difference in faction) before deciding.

Error code given when I got disconnected from the server: 10061

Kristina
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote

thewalkingkane wrote:

Bug(?): When selecting "3. Create a new character" from the main menu, the opening paragraph states: 'Atonement is a role-play intensive environment' and so on. I'd imagine this is from a previous build.

Typo: When selecting a role, a typo can be found in the sentence: 'If you would not like to select any of these rolls, enter 0.'

Suggestion: All three roles listed in the initial selection are the same and give no information on what those rolls entail. A (new) player is dependent on investigating through other means to see what the differences are (to which I can vaguely assume that it's just a difference in faction) before deciding.

That first little bit about Atonement, yeah that was from the previous incarnation of this game. It's on the to-do list to update, I believe.

Re: investigation, the lore is a bit thin at the moment (also being worked on), but you can find some info about the clans here...

http://forum.parallelrpi.com/doku.php?id=clans

And when/if you do select a role in the character creation, it (I believe) will give you a little blurb about said role and ask again, do you want this (y/n?)... It does this with race anyways, so I can only guess.

I hope that helps! : )

thewalkingkane
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:05 am      Reply with quote

Kristina wrote:
thewalkingkane wrote:

That first little bit about Atonement, yeah that was from the previous incarnation of this game. It's on the to-do list to update, I believe.

As for roles, more will appear on your screen when you have amassed 1 or more RPPs. For now it might say 'rolls' but only because often you have more than one to choose from.

Re: investigation, the lore is a bit thin at the moment (also being worked on), but you can find some info about the clans here...

http://forum.parallelrpi.com/doku.php?id=clans

And when/if you do select a role in the character creation, it (I believe) will give you a little blurb about said role and ask again, do you want this (y/n?)... It does this with race anyways, so I can only guess.

I hope that helps! : )

Right, but apart from the faction selection it's just a copy/pasted paragraph that gives the same general info. Thanks for the link, took me forever to find the Lore in the hidden navigation bar on the left.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:15 pm      Reply with quote

Kristina wrote:
thewalkingkane wrote:

As for roles, more will appear on your screen when you have amassed 1 or more RPPs. For now it might say 'rolls' but only because often you have more than one to choose from.

ETC...

Should be roles, not rolls

Kristina
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:24 pm      Reply with quote

Lol man. Rolls. Roles. That's what happens when you speed read. (And then type it again.)

Page 1 of 1   Θ  
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic