Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
Coding updates/information (November 19th, 2013)
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Chazz
Cute and Cuddly Coder

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:55 pm      Reply with quote

This is just a list of what's been going on codewise. There are a lot of other things I can't release information about yet, so keep that in mind. I'll update things as I go along, and please bare with me, sometimes it takes a bit to get these things put onto the player port, or to finish testing, etc. Am trying my best.

(November 18th, 2013)

+Scavenging (live)

-The goal was to reduce room spam, and make things a bit easier item-wise.

*Foraged items load to hand, unless your hands are full, or the item is too heavy.
*The room will get echos when you start foraging, but the rest were made private.
*Added the fix to make clusters/shrooms load onto the ground.

+Disband (live)

-Really just helpful for getting rid of those AFK followers, disbanding full groups more easily, etc.

*Disband <pc> and disband <all> are the relevant commands for this.

+Computers (system rehaul, won't be sent live until I'm done with the 'basic' commands)

-The goal with this is to convert all computer/mainframe related progs to actual code, both for being able to add more complex commands, and for easier fixing.

*Added the commands for powering a comptuer on and off.
*Added a bit to 'look' that'll reflect its power state.
*Added syncing, requiring you be in a room with the mainframe with the device. This allows you to access a server without needing the password.

(The rest of the commands are pending actual writing or testing, this is as far as I've gotten in the last 2 days)

+Bleeding (Will go live when I finish changing a few more medical-related things)
-Was to make things a bit easier for in-combat binding

*Bleeding wounds now echo to the room as well, so others can more easily see who needs help.

+Crash Related

*A few commonly used crash-inducing commands/flags were fixed, and hopefully stability will improve as we move forward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
(November 19th, 2013)

+Camp (Will be live next system reboot.)

-The goal with this is to help people who genuinely need to log off during runs/RPTs/etc, without having to worry/wonder if Admin had trans'd their PC's to a safe location.

*Usage: <camp home : (reason)> The colon needs to be there, as does a reason for using the command. Doesn't need to be detailed. 'camp home : I need to go to sleep.'

*Currently drops you off outside the Boozer, then logs you out just as normal.

*All usage of this command is logged. Please don't abuse it to leave a run and go craft or something. If it's abused, Staff may remove the ability to use it.

*Using 'camp' by itself will still work as before.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:28 pm      Reply with quote

One minor concern about disband: one of the ways in which code was realistic was how follow meant you couldn't whip out a pistol and just shoot one of the guys following you with zero risk. Disband of course allows you to pull a gun on said guy and not risk shooting your ladyfriend who's been in the same group for however long. My concern is that there's a coded command that allows you to remoe a risk that _should_ exist. Maybe the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, but they're there.

Chazz
Cute and Cuddly Coder

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:19 pm      Reply with quote

Your concern is noted. How firing weapons function in-room is being looked at in general, so I'll probably address that more clearly when I get to that. But there is still a level of 'courtesy' that should come with commands like this.

Anyhow, if anybody has ideas/suggestions on how firing in-room -should- work, feel free to say so.

Are things fine the way they are?

Chazz
Cute and Cuddly Coder

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 pm      Reply with quote

'camp home' is live.

Brainwright
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 am      Reply with quote

Gotta ask, are mainframes something we can actually acquire now? Because that would be pretty nifty.

Bogre
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:21 am      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
One minor concern about disband: one of the ways in which code was realistic was how follow meant you couldn't whip out a pistol and just shoot one of the guys following you with zero risk. Disband of course allows you to pull a gun on said guy and not risk shooting your ladyfriend who's been in the same group for however long. My concern is that there's a coded command that allows you to remoe a risk that _should_ exist. Maybe the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, but they're there.

I would argue the opposite, that it's unrealistic for someone to gain crowd armor just because they're following you.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:53 pm      Reply with quote

Bogre wrote:
grandpa wrote:

I would argue the opposite, that it's unrealistic for someone to gain crowd armor just because they're following you.

It's not armor--it's a consequence for failing to hit. If you don't miss nothing bad happens.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:50 pm      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
Bogre wrote:
grandpa wrote:

It's not armor--it's a consequence for failing to hit. If you don't miss nothing bad happens.

I'm with Bogre on this. I could've sworn I'd already posted something, but the fact is: given the lack of coded measures for tailing or ditching somebody without their consent, it should probably be assumed that follow is a consent-based thing, and thus disband is perfectly okay.

The whole, miss and hit pretty much anything issue is somewhat universally recognized as a tad too common, all things consdered. While having it be possible is perfectly fine, it's likely to the point of not being remotely realistic at this point.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:03 pm      Reply with quote

I can imagine this scenario ; Person A is about to shoot Person B. Person B being a twink follows Person A. Stalemate.

At least this scenario will never play out with disband!

Chazz
Cute and Cuddly Coder

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:20 pm      Reply with quote

I'm rehauling all mainframes/computers right now. They won't be fixed/accessible until I finish.

On that note, I was fixing my laptop and setting it up with some leenicks. So I'm back to coding now. Sorry! I've got everything functioning again, so I'll be pushing out as much as I can again.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic