Home

Register a new account  
Combat Thread
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:05 pm      Reply with quote

BTW I'm not saying that bludgeons SHOULD do more damage. I'm saying they should have been swapped with the swords in terms of damage/speed. I will also not that large-weapons are the same speed as normal weapons. But I also think that a skill like knee or haymaker should be added to brawling ^_^

As for the types of damage, They are all probable with each weapon but swords. But I don't see any other swords doing bashing damage except those jigum swords. Maybe we could have an Oquality version of that? A metal one? IDK. It would give each class their own variants and ways to go about things. I just know, I have gotten alot of bleeders during spars, but never broke a bone.

Oh, and broken bones can affect PCs several ways. I have seen ones on arms where it lowered your stamina as you walked with an echo saying something about great pain while you walk. On legs and head you will crumple where you stand. And I don't know about torso, but I seen a chick running around with a broken abdomen on the ship in atonement, but I never noticed her falling down. It might be similar to the arms.

So, as I was getting about with my last post. I like the way the things are looking, but my whole point of this was to try and display how bludgeons weren't as OP as thought. I do think that bleeders should be harder to treat however. It would give Docs and combat medics further chances at their medical rp along with further skill checks and also realism. I know that bound bleeders don't heal until they get treated, but it should be more severe than that. I mean, you bleed when you get cut, but bleeders are like, "OH MY GOD! I am spurting blood!" I think at least they should tick faster than 1 time ever minute for a severe laceration.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:14 pm      Reply with quote

There's your problem you use a bunch of heavy armor with it that lowers your skill. That's a game design. Want to be stealthy? Don't wear a bunch of heavy bulky armor.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:20 pm      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
There's your problem you use a bunch of heavy armor with it that lowers your skill. That's a game design. Want to be stealthy? Don't wear a bunch of heavy bulky armor.

Okay.

You're all over the place here.

If you wear a bunch of armor, you can't take advantage of your hide to full usefulness. The only things that hide is really useful for are solo scavving and ambushing.

If you're solo-scavving, for reasons I enumerated earlier, it doesn't really matter how fast you can hide.

If you're using hide for ambush, and you're NOT wearing armor, then congratulations, you're probably about to die. With the impact that armor has on combat, hide cannot possible hope to offer significant enough benefit to be worth not wearing it.

NOW.

Sneak on the other hand is perfectly fine. Sneak benefits from not wearing armor, in that you're less likely to get your hide popped walking into a room, and this is useful immensely in solo-scavving, and marginally in ambush cases.

These are two completely different things.

So here's how I'm going to counter your argument.

Want to be dead? Try to USE your stealth as a combat utility tool without armor.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:32 pm      Reply with quote

I used to do it all the time and I've known plenty of people that used to as well. Straight combat? That's not what stealth is for it's for the opposite. Want to be a combat monster that can be stealthy? Sucks, it's purposely designed to where you're one or the other. With high sneak and hide you can go out and get unlimited supplies scaving it can actually get ridiculous. I'd come back from solo scav runs with 30 microcomponents if I really felt like it.

Hide has it's uses for combat but that's mostly PvP combat which Parallel really hasn't seen a whole lot of. Generally it's not a combative skill though.

Ambushing is great for the stealthy type in a group, getting boosts in the beginning of combat and not being the combat tank.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:05 pm      Reply with quote

Right, and somebody with just enough Hide to unlock Sneak can do exactly the same thing. The only difference is they can't ambush for shit.

Page 9 of 9   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic