Register a new account  
Craft Ideas
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:56 pm      Reply with quote

Hyriana wrote:
Tapestries? I'm about to start work so I'm not going to write up a whole thing this moment, but these could be nifty. Uses part of a bolt of cloth for the background and then lots and lots of thread from a kit. Maybe even the 'small spools of thread' item that I've seen but can't figure out the use for.

Should be doable along with the other things.

Hyriana wrote:
I still really like the idea for preserved flowers being usable in crafts like flower garlands, too. Or attached to headbands, that kind of thing.

Some of the ways that flowers/herbs work might make that more difficult than one would anticipate. I'll look into it though.

Hyriana wrote:
People would probably want earrings and studs than can go other places besides your ears, which is more of an addition of location flags than anything and probably outside the scope of this.

An earrings wearloc would be awesome. Somebody else was asking about a socks wearloc. Outside of my scope, but it sounds cool to me.

Hyriana wrote:
Maybe mosaics, too? Uses a part of either type of paintset and then all those moonrocks that never actually contain gemstones? (this might be difficult since the moonrocks have different names. You might have to make a 'create tiles' craft and then an 'assemble tiles' one?) Speaking of which, porous handsized moonrocks seem to be entirely useless, you can't even break them down to check for gems. "

Mosaics do already exist, at least codedly, and I might be able to activate and fix some of the crafts for them to get them to do what we want, and be constructible.

Hyriana wrote:
Also, not sure if you can fix it but the 'formulate paint-set' craft uses: Held or in Room (Consumed): a small metal box, or a small $metalcolor0
box. But the final product is in a polyprop case. Also, a paint set can't be dissasembled back into a case. Nor can any of the cleaning kits: weapons, armor, or firearms. These can't even be breathed, either. Same goes for canteens.

I might be able to fix those issues. Or at least some of them. I'll take a look. The cleaning kits aren't supposed to be full kits, and IIRC the empty kits are breathable.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:50 am      Reply with quote

Adroit Chem craft?

Mix complex-frangrence. It would be like the current mix personal-frangrence but you can mix two bottles of natural oils to make items like a :
small fragrance atomizer full of sweet and savoury perfume.
small fragrance atomizer full of pungent and sweet perfume.
small fragrance atomizer full of heady and rich perfume.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:51 am      Reply with quote

^^ I second this! I was just thinking this when I was looking at how smells work! It's the best IDEA EVAR!

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:07 am      Reply with quote

This is a cool idea, but it sounds like a nightmare on the SQL table. I'd like if the ones we all had actually worked; eg some don't apply their scent at all and others when you try to make the scent from an herb produce an entirely different scent in the finished oil product (nutmeg and carrot for instance).

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:29 pm      Reply with quote

Hyriana wrote:
This is a cool idea, but it sounds like a nightmare on the SQL table. I'd like if the ones we all had actually worked; eg some don't apply their scent at all and others when you try to make the scent from an herb produce an entirely different scent in the finished oil product (nutmeg and carrot for instance).

Send me a list of the relevant existing crafts, if you don't mind, and I'll take a look at them? The weird variable change is probably a problem with the craft itself.

Doing doubled scents is probably possible, I can look into that after tuning up the existing crafts, if there's room to tune up.

As far as the actual application of the scent not working, that's probably a progging issue, but my guess would be that only certain sorts of scents are set up to apply properly. Probably $flavor vs. $artificialscents and $naturalscents.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:35 pm      Reply with quote

I've started doing some work with variables.

Starlanna's sent in some new $jacketstyle and $skirtstyle variables, so now we have hoodies, zip-up hoodies, circle skirts, and handkerchief skirts.

I've also changed the formatting of all of the $skirtstyle variables, and of the object itself.

Those of us in possession of man-parts will now be able to wear kilts without it reading 'a $color, $polymesh kilt skirt'.

Yay and stuff.

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote

[quote="crayon"]
Hyriana wrote:

Send me a list of the relevant existing crafts, if you don't mind, and I'll take a look at them? The weird variable change is probably a problem with the craft itself.

Doing doubled scents is probably possible, I can look into that after tuning up the existing crafts, if there's room to tune up.

As far as the actual application of the scent not working, that's probably a progging issue, but my guess would be that only certain sorts of scents are set up to apply properly. Probably $flavor vs. $artificialscents and $naturalscents.[/quote!]

I have a nutmeg herb and a carrort herb whichare both artificalscent but never produce the appropriate scent oil via the extract natural oils craft. Other scents in perfume and soap take the correct scent but when the item is used, the scent is not applied to the person.

Also minor nitpick, but is there any way to get multiple varieties of lettuce to grow in a single room and actually be able to get any of the other types but the first?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote

crayon wrote:
Hyriana wrote:

As far as the actual application of the scent not working, that's probably a progging issue, but my guess would be that only certain sorts of scents are set up to apply properly. Probably $flavor vs. $artificialscents and $naturalscents.

I have a nutmeg herb and a carrort herb whichare both artificalscent but never produce the appropriate scent oil via the extract natural oils craft. Other scents in perfume and soap take the correct scent but when the item is used, the scent is not applied to the person.

Also minor nitpick, but is there any way to get multiple varieties of lettuce to grow in a single room and actually be able to get any of the other types but the first?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:24 pm      Reply with quote

Hyriana wrote:
crayon wrote:
Hyriana wrote:

Application of the scent is a progging issue most likely. Taking a look at the craft, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be transferring over carrot/nutmeg properly, at a glance. However, it could be because these are 'artificialscents' whereas the object calls for 'naturalscents'. At the same time, $artificialscents, $flavor, and $naturalscents are all treated pretty interchangeably by dozens of other objects. I'm going to keep chipping away at this one until I figure it out, but it might take a while.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:52 pm      Reply with quote

I'm just kind of going to copy stuff people have posted into this post, for my own purposes of tracking what I'm working on and where it stands.

I wrote:
Stuffed aminals and creepy taxidermy...

Done, probably waiting on copyover.

I wrote:
Hyriana wrote:
Tapestries? I'm about to start work so I'm not going to write up a whole thing this moment, but these could be nifty. Uses part of a bolt of cloth for the background and then lots and lots of thread from a kit. Maybe even the 'small spools of thread' item that I've seen but can't figure out the use for.
Should be doable along with the other things.

In-progress.

I wrote:
Mosaics/murals/tapestries/flags/artwork items in general.

In-progress.

I wrote:
Variable additions and fixes.

Mostly done or perpetually in-progress, waiting on copyover. Skirts might be weird for until then.

Hyriana wrote:
Also, not sure if you can fix it but the 'formulate paint-set' craft uses: Held or in Room (Consumed): a small metal box, or a small $metalcolor0
box. But the final product is in a polyprop case. Also, a paint set can't be dissasembled back into a case. Nor can any of the cleaning kits: weapons, armor, or firearms. These can't even be breathed, either. Same goes for canteens.

The paint object now uses a metal container. Is made of metal. Breathes into metal. And morphs into a metal box upon exhausting its uses. Or will next copyover. Note that the box morphing might work really weirdly and not preserve variables. There's not much I can do about it if that's the case, but if it IS then PLEASE tell me and I can mitigate the weirdness. Canteens should breathe properly now.

Page 26 of 27   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic