Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
Go Out With a Bang
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic

Poll Question and Results: Do you wanna go out with a Bang?
Yes, let's do it! 4 votes, 36%
No, just close the game. 4 votes, 36%
No, don't close the game! Leave it exactly how it is! 3 votes, 27%
Total Votes : 11
AdamBlue9000
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:01 am      Reply with quote

I think it's time to end the game.
How do we want to end it? Keeping it open as it is? Just a waste of money for whoever is hosting it. A port that could be re-used, renewed. As it stands, it's a desolate wasteland of nothing, with nobody but a few people. So let's do it. But let us not go quietly into the night. While it is said this is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper, I believe that we can make it go out with a bang. One last explosion of activity, one last clash of steel. The characters we've matured so far going out in one last, beautiful fire, before the fires of the stories are extinguished forever.

Let's go out with a bang, not a whimper, people.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:52 pm      Reply with quote

AdamBlue9000 wrote:
I think it's time to end the game.
How do we want to end it? Keeping it open as it is? Just a waste of money for whoever is hosting it. A port that could be re-used, renewed. As it stands, it's a desolate wasteland of nothing, with nobody but a few people. So let's do it. But let us not go quietly into the night. While it is said this is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper, I believe that we can make it go out with a bang. One last explosion of activity, one last clash of steel. The characters we've matured so far going out in one last, beautiful fire, before the fires of the stories are extinguished forever.

Let's go out with a bang, not a whimper, people.

I actually like the idea that Parallel's society dwindles and slowly collapses after the brief resurgence, the post-apocalyptic wasteland becoming harsher and harsher as more tech breaks and dies, and nobody can truly prevent it.

Also the servers are free.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Coil
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:32 am      Reply with quote

It's costing nothing to be hosted, according to Holmes.

And I actually agree with Grandpa. I don't feel Parallel needs a full stop ending, and I personally like the idea of struggling against the current collapse that's occurring. If the collapse goes all out, welp, we tried. Then the final starving to death holds infinite meaning XD

I don't think the numbers are gonna show up for a final hurrah anyway >>

Cormac
Administrator

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:53 pm      Reply with quote

I can't say much as to a bang, but Holmes has been kind enough to lend me some space on parallels to build a sandcastle, and in exchange I'll be around to try to liven folks days up a little.

Mac

Hastur
Registered

#1 Skel

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:39 am      Reply with quote

You can always add new purpose, throw some new paint on it and sell all over again. I'd help. At least with what little building I picked up before PRPI came in to existence.

OutOfThisWorld
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:48 pm      Reply with quote

I'd like to see Para come back, but the current state of it makes it impossible. It will eventually due to lack of anything in game die, ppl will starve to death sadly. Such is the way of the game I guess.

If it get's shut down, guess I'll go find another game. Probably try Haven, won't try again on SOI even if and when it goes Beta or live. 16 hours of being utterly ignored is/makes a game pointless. 2 thumbs down.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:13 am      Reply with quote

OutOfThisWorld wrote:
I'd like to see Para come back, but the current state of it makes it impossible. It will eventually due to lack of anything in game die, ppl will starve to death sadly. Such is the way of the game I guess.

If it get's shut down, guess I'll go find another game. Probably try Haven, won't try again on SOI even if and when it goes Beta or live. 16 hours of being utterly ignored is/makes a game pointless. 2 thumbs down.

I'll say that that sounds like a player problem, not a -game- problem, and that you'd do better just finding the better players. When you try Haven, don't try it unfactioned: that'll make it harder than SoI.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
OutOfThisWorld
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:54 am      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
I'll say that that sounds like a player problem, not a -game- problem, and that you'd do better just finding the better players. When you try Haven, don't try it unfactioned: that'll make it harder than SoI.

That's what I tried to do Grandpa, I was all over the city that I could find. I didn't know what I was doing or where to go, I literally got pushed aside even asking for help. It wasn't from lack of trying on my part. I haven't tried the Orc faction, but I probably won't till the game goes to beta or later, I got burned pretty bad on the human side.

Thanks for the tip on Haven, haven't created there because I keep holding out on Para. (wishful thinking I know)

eltanimras
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:03 am      Reply with quote

OutOfThisWorld wrote:
grandpa wrote:

That's what I tried to do Grandpa, I was all over the city that I could find. I didn't know what I was doing or where to go, I literally got pushed aside even asking for help.

You know, part of that might have been a game problem. Maybe the development milestone you want to humanside SoI to reach is clanned 0RPP roles, which should be coming soonish. One thing to be said for the current alpha, though, is that it's much more compact, both physically and socially, than the old game. There are no more nobles, fellowship masters, etc. -- everybody's much closer to the same level.

Wherever you end up, good luck!

OutOfThisWorld
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:36 pm      Reply with quote

eltanimras wrote:
You know, part of that might have been a game problem. Maybe the development milestone you want to humanside SoI to reach is clanned 0RPP roles, which should be coming soonish. One thing to be said for the current alpha, though, is that it's much more compact, both physically and socially, than the old game. There are no more nobles, fellowship masters, etc. -- everybody's much closer to the same level.

That failed attempt at SOI was my first ever playing there. Years of hearing about it through a number of people set some seriously high expectations for the pbase. Didn't help that I'd never played it before, so me getting pushed aside because to the players I was a noob isn't shocking. Irritating but not entirely shocking. I do hope when the game goes into Beta though that the players aren't so stuck on themselves to accept and help new players in the game, though currently I don't see it happening

Page 1 of 3   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic