Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
Go Out With a Bang
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic

Poll Question and Results: Do you wanna go out with a Bang?
Yes, let's do it! 4 votes, 36%
No, just close the game. 4 votes, 36%
No, don't close the game! Leave it exactly how it is! 3 votes, 27%
Total Votes : 11
tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:07 am      Reply with quote

OutOfThisWorld wrote:
, won't try again on SOI

Victory is mine! <3

It's not all bad, though a lot of the human side stuff is kind of clique-y already. Getting in if you don't know people or have a plan for a niche to fill is hard. Don't give up this time!

OutOfThisWorld
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:09 pm      Reply with quote

tempest wrote:
Victory is mine! <3

It's not all bad, though a lot of the human side stuff is kind of clique-y already. Getting in if you don't know people or have a plan for a niche to fill is hard. Don't give up this time!

Don't get your hopes up! If this one fails, I'm done. I'll stick with the dead Para that I still have nothing to do in because of no ppl lol.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:41 pm      Reply with quote

If we have someone who's actually able to do things, now...

Might I recommend...

a) Reinstatement of the market watch and the criminal code there (and to those who say "no no no" might I point what happened to the game when this was removed). In order for any hope of gaining a bit more ground, that neutral "safe place" needs to be there, or else some idiot is just gonna show up at every gathering with a gun.

b) Replacing the various market NPCs that random idiots went around spree killing.

Coil
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm      Reply with quote

I totally agree on that. Now that the Families are pseudo-merging, perhaps make it like, mashed members of each Family, working to keep the market safe?
It's not like there's rampant crime in the market anyway, so it's just good to say 'screw off' to any odd players being jerks.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:08 pm      Reply with quote

Well, in theory, there'd be plenty of well armed market folk around too to be the npc watch. The whole dissolving of the watch plot really didn't make any actual IC sense. Some got killed, yeah. But there were plenty of others. Why would they have ran away and abandoned their friends and families and such to the even-wilder out-of-the-market.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:05 am      Reply with quote

Coil wrote:
I totally agree on that. Now that the Families are pseudo-merging, perhaps make it like, mashed members of each Family, working to keep the market safe?
It's not like there's rampant crime in the market anyway, so it's just good to say 'screw off' to any odd players being jerks.

This was the plan before the average pbase at prime was 3 people. Sad

Coil
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 am      Reply with quote

It was, but it never got implemented >> I believe that's a portion of why the pbase is only about 3 people XD

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:32 am      Reply with quote

Coil wrote:
It was, but it never got implemented >> I believe that's a portion of why the pbase is only about 3 people XD

This would mostly be a case of mistaken causality.

I don't think you were actually actively playing when things really fell off.

Essentially, we ran the Market plotline to open up the potential for IG conflict, and to give people a -reason- to have IG conflict. Unfortunately, at that stage of the game, the playerbase consisted pretty much entirely of a polarized mixture of social RPers and barely-played PKers.

There was solid follow up for the first few days, but ultimately the majority of the playerbase had no interest in interacting with the plot in ways that weren't either 'MAKE IT HOW IT WAS SO I CAN GO BACK TO SITTING IN A BAR OR MUDSEXING ALL DAY WITHOUT RUNNING THE INFINITESIMALLY SMALL RISK OF GETTING SHOT' or 'LOL PK YAY'.

Interestingly, the Lolpkers weren't actually especially successful at their lolpk. As I recall, the first several attempts to cause conflict for the sake of conflict rather than organically pursuing a tangible approach to anything vaguely resembling a story or interaction with the Market plot ended as total failures, but the knowledge that people were out there ATTEMPTING to PK was apparently enough to paralyze the social RPers who were scared of dying.

With one clan having brought nothing to the table for the game in a very long time, one clan suffering from lack of leadership, and the clanlead that had kept the third alive so long stepping down (and who could blame them at that point), it was just physically impossible for me to get any traction with the playerbase. And understandably so. I expect most of the IG leadership experienced a great deal of difficulty trying to gain traction with the playerbase and get things moving, at most stages of the game. At least, for the ones that tried. The population boomed initially, and then it disappeared.

Between the day-to-day challenges of upkeep, and dealing with vultures showing up just to troll and go ballistic on mobiles, it reached a point where I was spending more hours a day maintaining the game than there were players logging on.

That's just how I saw it, and it's really depressing. I wish I could've done more for you guys, but it is what it is.

Between other projects, and real life, I don't have much time available to support PRPI, and even if I did, coded and access limitations would hamstring me, but I'm all for people trying to breathe some life back into the game. I'm just not sure if anything will help at this stage.

OutOfThisWorld
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:49 pm      Reply with quote

crayon wrote:
but I'm all for people trying to breathe some life back into the game. I'm just not sure if anything will help at this stage.

We the dedicated few players are trying, believe that. We had 8 players logged in last night. Haven't seen that many in Months.

Coil
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:38 am      Reply with quote

The main issue I had is no matter what happened, I never really felt like any progress had been made, only as though more shit was shoved onto the pile.

For instance, the last big RP I remember was the bird trouble. I know there was an ugly crash during it, but it never felt like we'd actually won against them. Just like 'Oh, they're gone for now. Looks like they got bored of killing you.'

I feel as though the big thing that would bring players back, and maintain the current ones, would be RP with promise. Something actually coming from it, or whatnot. Building the gate ACTUALLY just made things worse, for instance, because now I feel like there are crocs erruhwhere up north. So I'm worried about if I attempt to bring a change to the table, what problems will it cause, and will it effectively shut off a part of the city.

Page 2 of 3   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic