Home

Register a new account  
RPI Life?
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
tempest
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:39 pm      Reply with quote

It's been almost a literal decade since I've really touched an RPI but something got me poking around again tonight.

Is there life out there anywhere? New games? Old games still running?

Last one I remember playing was some group thing where we woke up in a building in a forest on an island and were getting attacked by things. Don't even remember the name of that one, don't think it lasted long.

Hastur
Registered

#1 Skel

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:17 am      Reply with quote

This place is 99.9999% dead, me being the nostalgic 00.0001% that peeks into the forum now and again to reminiscence.
There's no easy answer to that question - the old dogs are still kicking, such as ARM, but every day a new one dies/is born, so I suggest polishing off your google-fu, and maybe poke around the RPI subreddit.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:29 pm      Reply with quote

Yeah, it's basically just the same few that existed back in the day and are still kicking in various forms.

FutureMud (labmud.com) edges closer and closer to being viable for a game to run on top of, but it's not quite there yet, and there.

Terminobber
RPA

Elfin Slavemaster and Santa double

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:43 am      Reply with quote

Never even heard of FutureMud, but damn, it really has been almost a literal decade

Starlanna57
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:42 pm      Reply with quote

Those of us who were left quit when the game borked randomly and lost all of its objects. Figured the only objects left would be spawning ones, so it was a matter of time before we were devoured by crocs since there were no gates or doors (not to mention armor and weapons) to protect us.

I know a fair few folk that would absolutely return if our characters weren't all 60 years old and thus pretty much insta-croc chow because it's been so long.

It DID unbreak at some point though, so that's awesome. We just need an active admin or two and we could -be- that post-apocalyptic niche in RPI land again.

LukeRM
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:01 pm      Reply with quote

:skull:

Page 1 of 1   Θ  
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic