Register a new account  
For the Future
Forum Index   Θ   Announcements   Θ   Outdated Announcements

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:02 pm      Reply with quote

throttle wrote:
If there's a last chance at all, it will be in the form of simply rerunning Grungetown. I'll let Holmes comment on that since he has the working copy.

I would of preferred this in the beginning (which you can see in most of my posts), since it is a great setting which would require little work, but it's likely that it won't happen either way.

The staff said "Oh no, I got tree poop on my tootsies." and totally derped out. Everyone derped out. And the derping continues.

P.S. Two weeks is confirmed.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:59 am      Reply with quote

The main thing about an Atonement rerun is that I'm not sure if we actually have a copy of the first version of Grungetown, the one with the Nangong and shit. Holmes says there may be old backups we can try, but who knows. I think he's waiting to hear from Viking about full access or something.

I know there's a fully functional copy of Atonement from when it ended, but that was on Mars and everything was fucked up, a lot of crafts had been removed, and Grungetown was a mess. Most of the old rooms are still there but all sorts of prog tokens and shit has been moved to the new post-bombing one or deleted altogether.

Also, I sort of share a concern that Krelm voiced when I suggested that we rerun Grungetown a while back: it probably won't get that many players, and the directions in which we could take the game would be limited. We still haven't really got anyone to staff it, either.

Quote:
The staff said "Oh no, I got tree poop on my tootsies." and totally derped out. Everyone derped out. And the derping continues.

The playerbase selected Venus by public poll. You seem pretty entitled and annoying for someone who has literally never done anything whatsoever for Atonement or Parallel, so go derp yourself.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:57 pm      Reply with quote

throttle wrote:
The main thing about an Atonement rerun is that I'm not sure if we actually have a copy of the first version of Grungetown, the one with the Nangong and shit. Holmes says there may be old backups we can try, but who knows. I think he's waiting to hear from Viking about full access or something.

I have full access, we do have pre-2.0 grungetown still built on the grid, and atm I'm just waiting on Viking to get back to me on passing over the domains.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:33 pm      Reply with quote

throttle wrote:

Quote:

The playerbase selected Venus by public poll. You seem pretty entitled and annoying for someone who has literally never done anything whatsoever for Atonement or Parallel, so go derp yourself.

I didn't vote for Venus, but it's all good man. I might of had a case of the mads too if I actually put any work into Atonement/Parallel and then saw it derp out. I blame two weeks for making me sound entitled and annoying.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:18 am      Reply with quote

Zerero wrote:
throttle wrote:

Quote:

I didn't vote for Venus, but it's all good man. I might of had a case of the mads too if I actually put any work into Atonement/Parallel and then saw it derp out. I blame two weeks for making me sound entitled and annoying.

I think it's the fact that you're like fifteen that makes you sound annoying.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:27 pm      Reply with quote

You know, I would think that players would be more respectful/grateful to the ones that make and run the games. Without them, nobody gets to play. You might consider, Zerero, who holds in their hands this thing you want so badly.

Since you've pretty much been going on like a spoiled little brat that needs to get out in the real world. You contribute nothing, and yet act like the current staff - the people that are taking time out from other things to put a game back up - owe you something. They don't owe you anything.

If anything, they owe themselves a break, a pat on the back, and maybe a sweet of their choice for sticking with it this long.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:39 pm      Reply with quote

Feawen wrote:
You know, I would think that players would be more respectful/grateful to the ones that make and run the games. Without them, nobody gets to play. You might consider, Zerero, who holds in their hands this thing you want so badly.

Since you've pretty much been going on like a spoiled little brat that needs to get out in the real world. You contribute nothing, and yet act like the current staff - the people that are taking time out from other things to put a game back up - owe you something. They don't owe you anything.

If anything, they owe themselves a break, a pat on the back, and maybe a sweet of their choice for sticking with it this long.

First off, I'm not a player. There's nothing to play. Currently, with or without them there's nothing to play. What do they hold in their hands? Unfinished code? Derp. From what it sounds like, not many people are putting time into the game, and I couldn't even name the current staff.

I'm not the judge of what the staff deserve, but I'm definitely not handing out sweets to them. You can run over to walmart and buy a variety pack to hand out, Feawen, if you feel they are so unjustly treated.

Truth is, a copy of Grungetown or Parallel could never replace Grungetown. So I'll run off and dwell on good memories and lol at all the mads and people calling me a fifteen year old.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:20 am      Reply with quote

I'm sure staff on any future games you play will love your petulant, self-entitled attitude.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:11 am      Reply with quote

I'm just going to interject here, again, that I'd love to help/have time to help/just need to be told what to do to help if you guys need it. Give me a manual on 'progging for dummies' and put me in, coach.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:11 pm      Reply with quote

Bumping to comment on the most recent announcement. Sounds like some good shit, with throttle and Holmes at the head. Good luck guys, I hope you can get everything done quickly without getting burnt out.

Page 8 of 8   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic