Home

Register a new account  
Reminder about Automation
Forum Index   Θ   Announcements   Θ   Outdated Announcements

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:53 pm      Reply with quote

Any scripts or triggers that send inputs to the game that can be construed to give you an advantage against another player, or raise your skills, are expressly forbidden.

Punishments are at the discretion of Staff, but may include suspensions, no-skillgain flags, and/or deduction of RPP or skill points.

If you would like to inquire about what would qualify as exceptions, you may ask in this thread, or direct an e-mail to staff@parallelrpi.com

thorongil
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote

You don't list aliases on there. Would you allow for things such as aliasing 'ds' to 'draw sword', for instance? Or are aliases okay because they still require the player to actually input something?

Also, what about command stacking?

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote

I think aliases and macro buttons are fine. At least they've always been in the past in any RPI I've played.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:38 pm      Reply with quote

Single aliases are acceptable, mainly because there's no real way for me to ever tell if someone's aliasing a command. I know I was once accused of aliasing things on SoI, when I was just typing really quickly.

Aliases that send multiple commands are not acceptable.

The sole exception to stacked commands are emotes and other such commands that don't give any code advantage. For example, if you're lying in wait to ambush someone, you could stack AIM <person> and an emote, without drawing my ire.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:41 pm      Reply with quote

So.. wait. If I have a macro button that makes me say holster my handgun and draw my melee weapon it's against the rules? I always found it incredibly useful to have certain macros set up for combat. Mostly for the spammy NPCs. Mostly.

Onasaki
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:38 pm      Reply with quote

I only use aliases to either make commands work like they do in other games. So I don't get into the habit of having to swap between commands.

Like in one game you need to type Say to, instead of tell. And the like.

I don't entirely think an alias to swap weapons would be too bad, though. My opinion though, Holmes-boy has the last word. Razz

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:44 pm      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
So.. wait. If I have a macro button that makes me say holster my handgun and draw my melee weapon it's against the rules? I always found it incredibly useful to have certain macros set up for combat. Mostly for the spammy NPCs. Mostly.

It gives you an advantage in combat against people who don't have aliases, so it's preferable not to use these particularly in player versus player engagements.

That said, realistically, unless it's glaringly obvious, it's probably not going to get you in trouble.

Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:08 pm      Reply with quote

So, wait..I have aliases for drawing/sheathing specifically so I don't get confused in the massive melees versus lagatos that have been the majority of the combat in the game so far. I get super disoriented when I manual in the spam flying by and usually end up holding like my leg and a rat or something that I otherwise thought was impossible.

I don't really consider my draw/sheath aliases an advantage so much as a guarantee that I will have what I want out when I want it out.

Onasaki
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:45 pm      Reply with quote

Like Holmes said, unless it's glaringly obvious, it's fine.

Personally, if you want to ditch the spam. Use Set Local Melee, so you only get spammed with local melee messages instead of the 40,000 spamming attacks.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:49 pm      Reply with quote

Chrjo12 wrote:
So, wait..I have aliases for drawing/sheathing specifically so I don't get confused in the massive melees versus lagatos that have been the majority of the combat in the game so far. I get super disoriented when I manual in the spam flying by and usually end up holding like my leg and a rat or something that I otherwise thought was impossible.

I don't really consider my draw/sheath aliases an advantage so much as a guarantee that I will have what I want out when I want it out.

Like I said, it's primarily an issue when it's being used in player versus player combat.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic