Home

Register a new account  
Craft Ideas
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:53 pm      Reply with quote

We're currently looking into ways to expand Mechanics, Electronics, Chemistry, and Biology. If you have ideas, I'd love to hear them. Try to be descriptive and explain how you'd like to see your idea work, what sort of materials it might require, and what it would add to the game.

Sabrelon
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:58 am      Reply with quote

This is not ignored, I intend to see what I can work up in the future, feel free to bitch at me, Holmes, until I come up with something.

Onasaki
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:45 am      Reply with quote

Druuugs.

Yes, I'd like to see crafts that make drugs, and an actual real drug trade going on throughout Rust. I mean, c'mon, we're an old penal colony, you can't expect us all to be sober dudes with no sense of adventure. Even if they don't offer anything but neat echoes, it would still be a neat thing. Infact, I'm against any sort of stat enhancements, echoes, and such would be cooler.

It would probably be a mixture of chemistry and biology. I don't actually have real craft ideas, but, this is open for discussion.

Starmonger
Registered

Void Dreamer

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:37 am      Reply with quote

How about, for electronics and mechanics, those little local 'disrepairs' that appeared in rooms like back on the Ship in Beta. Could take parts and a toolkit at most, and would vary in the difficulty and extent of repair needed. Something to show just how patchwork Rust really is. This could be out and about in Rust in general, or in the bases or whatever.

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:07 am      Reply with quote

I wouldn't object to "flavor" drugs and such.

Sabrelon
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:06 am      Reply with quote

Little things to go about and upkeep would be appreciated, I'd think, as it would give people with electronics/mechanics who don't have the resources and whatnot something to keep them busy.

wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:08 am      Reply with quote

I don't suppose something like jukeboxes would be viable?

Essentially upon creation you would insert recorded datastick or chips into them, maybe used with a video camera and a laptop or something, and then the prog would charge a chip or two and output the sing commands recorded onto the selected chip?
Not sure how difficult that would be, though.

thorongil
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:08 am      Reply with quote

I think that being able to synthesize various drugs from chemicals would be an interesting addition to the game. It always rubbed me the wrong way that Atonement never had drugs...that there were all of these miserable people, and none of them ever indulged themselves in drugs to escape their misery. "Any drugs that hurt your performance would never be made because it's such a struggle to survive!" they said. However, I think drug use is disproportionately heavier amongst the indigent in our own society, so I'm not sure I really ever believed that was that good of an argument.

I think drug creation/use could be a neat addition to our RP here. It could create an exciting drug trade as well as force organizations to really consider how their resources are being spent. For every batch of drugs that's synthesized, it's a batch of medicine that you're sacrificing. How fun would it be for one of the Families to walk into their chemical laboratory one day to find that during the night, someone turned their entire chemical supply into heroin?

Yoink
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:45 pm      Reply with quote

Even better: They walk into their chemical laboratory one day to find that during the night, someone INJECTED their entire chemical supply as heroin?

But yeah, drugs really do seem like a big, gaping hole in the whole edgy, family/gang-based RP we've got going on.

And c'mon.... DRUGSSSSSSS

Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote

There's already both a craft and an object for generic recreational drugs. They were briefly in use on Atonement but were restricted to a specific clan. It was sort of experimental and nobody cared in the slightest about the drugs because they had no coded benefits, so while the craft can easily be made a basic part of the chemistry craftset, I don't think anybody will do much to expand on it until its popularity has been proven. Should be as simple as removing the clan flag from the craft, I'll ask Holmes.

Page 1 of 27   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic