Register a new account  
Craft Ideas
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 am      Reply with quote

Just a few prop items! Musically related, probably around handicraft and electronics.

Electronics
a $color electric guitar with a $polymesh $color strap
Composed of $polyprop and fully painted $color, this string instrument is composed of a long, slender neck lined with twenty-three ridges which terminate in an ovular body. A set of strings run from tuning knobs at the top of that neck, and over a series of pick-ups before terminating in a bridge, which itself is located beside an output jack. Attached to the bottom of the body and the top of the neck is a $polymesh $color strap, for ease of use.

A set of $color speakers
Coming up to about the height of an average Terran's knees, this $color plastic box bears a sturdy set of mesh on one side, keeping dust and other debris out of the delicate sound equipment within. A long, slender cable is attached, terminating in a male port.

A $polyprop microphone and stand
I'm sorry but I have no idea how to describe this one here.

Handicraft
A $color drumkit marked with $design
Composed of several drums formed from $polyprop $color plastic, and a set of $metalalloy cymbals, the central piece of this drumkit, attached to a foot-pedal, bears a $color $design.

--------------------

I admit, these descs are crap. But I mean, thoroughly described the idea, right? Razz

kog
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:42 am      Reply with quote

I was thinking less lyrics and more a description of what is playing currently. I've...actually done some concert stuff on IRE games, for various reasons, and you have to approach it a bit differently. Describe the main bits of the song over a period of time, and let people use their imagination to fill in the rest. So instead of "I don't want to set the world on fire", you get "A low baritone croons soothing assurances of his good intentions" - that's about as specific as I can get, but you can generalize further and ignore the lyrics (instrumental songs are probably easier) - I'd suggest more stuff like "Overlaid across a quick, steady bass, the brass instruments rise in a brief fanfare before settling into a fast-paced jazz." Or...whatever.

Onasaki
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:38 am      Reply with quote

I want minstrels. MINSTRELS!!!

DrJohnSmith
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:11 am      Reply with quote

Create a new tag list 'glasscolor' for use in goggles, glasses, etc. For this tag, add the properties: transparent, smokey, magnified, etc. Allow 'color' to be used in place of 'glasscolor.'

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:10 am      Reply with quote

DrJohnSmith wrote:
Create a new tag list 'glasscolor' for use in goggles, glasses, etc. For this tag, add the properties: transparent, smokey, magnified, etc. Allow 'color' to be used in place of 'glasscolor.'

Write a list and I'll do it.

DrJohnSmith
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:48 am      Reply with quote

Thanks Holmes. don't think there need to be that many, given that we have a wide range of base colors available through the colors tag. But using 'a pair of $glasscolor0-lensed reading-glasses' as the baseline, I'd add:
* clear
* transparent
* smoke
* magnify
* frost

And I'd make this available for any device the features glass as a main component in its description, such as glass bars or tables, along with goggles as mentioned. But I'm not even sure we -have- those designs, as polyprop is the norm, right? Anyway, that's not really important.

ApocalypseCow
Registered

Bridge over the River Kawaii

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:55 pm      Reply with quote

Glass types:

* rippled
* rainglass
* dichroic
* polarized
* waterglass
* reflective
* tinted
* tempered
* fluted
* opaque
* mirrored
* iridescent
* etched
* faceted
* bubbled
* crackled
* layered
* marbled
* hammered
* matte
* opalescent
* ribbed
* stippled
* vermiculated

Poto
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 pm      Reply with quote

I don't think opaque glasses would be very useful

ApocalypseCow
Registered

Bridge over the River Kawaii

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 pm      Reply with quote

I thought you meant glass not glasses. Well, there's a list of glass types anyway, hurrah.

Sabrelon
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:52 pm      Reply with quote

Any chance someone could post a generic template of some sort that has been used before? I could hop in game and copy the gist of it down, but my most productive for crafts appears to be while I'm at work and unable to log in.

Page 3 of 27   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic