Home

Register a new account  
Craft Ideas
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:45 am      Reply with quote

I really like the potential of the biology craft. The sad thing is that it promise to be more than botany, which right now ALL it is. I wish there were more crafts in it involving animals!

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am      Reply with quote

Could work biology in to include uh... breeding and raising livestock animals?

(Goats.)

As an aside, while I do often hear about biology needing some spicing up, this would probably require massive code-work, for minimal benefit, SO.

What about... using plants to make paper objects? Poisons as a trap component? There are probably poison code-relics from somewhere along the line, but I've no idea how use-able they would be.

Maybe pesticides et cetera that ward certain types of fauna away from areas over a certain stretch of time? Would require some abuse-prevention, and a lot of scripting, probably.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:16 pm      Reply with quote

How about just naming Biology botany instead? That's ALL it is anyways....No coding at all really. And when we get a coder, we can include Biology and get something for animals like breeding squicks or maybe studying wildlife that helps us make scents to resist lagatos or crocs from coming? Could also breed goats or maybe a new strain of wildlife?

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:22 pm      Reply with quote

This thread could use some life, so I'm going to start going through and pruning what can be from craft ideas, and if they're okay with staff people, I'll start looking at making them.

Taxidermy, mentioned way back and Holmes-endorsed, sounds like it should be doable and fun, but I'm unclear on whether it should really be butchery or artistry or both (hybrid crafts to encourage interaction might be kind of neat).

I've also been thinking that Artistry maybe could use some additions for flavor items, that would shore up some holes we see IG. For example: signs and gravestones (set to work like the Statuette or Canvas items with decorate)?

Kristina
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:20 am      Reply with quote

crayon wrote:

Taxidermy, mentioned way back and Holmes-endorsed, sounds like it should be doable and fun, but I'm unclear on whether it should really be butchery or artistry or both (hybrid crafts to encourage interaction might be kind of neat).

I mean, I figure you get the skins from butchery already and use those for the taxidermy craft. Unless you want to add -another- skinning craft purely for this purpose but... It seems redundant.

Once the skin is removed from a carcass, the only thing I would think butchery could help with is cleaning (de-fatting?) the hide but... curing them with astringent also seems to do the trick.

I vote just make it an artistry craft.

And I'm SUPER excited you want to make it. Been on my wish list for months now.

Edited: You could make it an artistry and handicraft combo instead (rather than pairing it with butchery). Have the handicrafter build the basic frame for the final taxidermy piece, and have the artist fine-tune the features of whatever animal it is (and mount the hide, of course).

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:54 am      Reply with quote

Taxidermy would be awesome! But I think that artistry should have both frame and the piece. Handicrafters do shape metal, but like all atrists, they make all their own canvas too!

AdamBlue9000
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote

Mechanics+Firearms/Weaponcrafting combo-sets.

Fire (special damage) Electric (Bonus Trauma) and chain-blade(sword)/Spiked(clubs).

All of the effects togglable on/off. Electric/chain would require cells put into the hilts, spiked clubs wouldn't take anything ultra-special, but would allow the bashes to do small stab wounds on a good hit in addition to the bash itself. Chain-blade would do extra damage when powered, but less damage then normal when unpowered.

Note, this is all for just a silly idea I cooked up. Please don't take any of this seriously.

Laser guns, which would do burn-damage, and be slightly more accurate then a regular gun, but doesn't cause bleeding. Critical damage to eyes, and eyes alone. Uses rare gems (which change the color of the laser) Solar panels, and a metal frame constructed, with additional work done added on. Take damage very quickly, and use up charge very quickly as well, burning through a fusion cell in five or so blasts. Would also be relatively bulky and heavy. Maybe high recoil, or none at all?

Possible alt. Different kinds of laser weapons. Laser pistols that take sleek batteries, carry 3 shots per charge, Rifles that carry five per charge and use Power Cells, and maybe a one-shot wonder, highly-accurate laser Sniper that used rifle skill, which used fusion cells that had to be reloaded after each and every shot.

Of course, these would require more and more rare jewels, shitloads of batteries, solar panels, complex metal frames which require probably at -least- talented, repeated crafts over long periods of time with long timers on each craft for each component.

a mechanically-inclined <jeweltype> prism (made from a 'scrape jewel-to-prism' craft, talented)

a carefully fitted <lasergun> frame (components, a metal bar, a screen, wires) [lasergun meaning either pistol, rifle, or sniper]

a work-in-progress <lasergun> frame (after applying the jewels corrosponding to your weaponry, which takes 3 for pistol, 6 for rifle, and 9 for sniper, various solar-panels, screens, maybe magnifying glasses, ect)

a bulky, <lasercolor> laser pistol

This somewhat weighty pistol has been carefully constructed with all the care in the world, the edges smoothed down to give it a rounded appearance, with a slot in the <plasticolor> <plastic> grip where a battery is to be fit into. When powered properly, the pistol itself glows very lightly from the interior, giving it a <lasercolor> look to the surrounding metal casing. Embedded into the very top of the weapon is a small screen, which displays the number of shots left.

a rounded, short-barreled <lasercolor> laser rifle

The metal for this weapon has been carefully tempered and smoothed to appear rounded, with various fittings here and there to interrupt the hand. The <color> <plastic> grip placed near a slot where a large, bulky battery is to be placed to charge this weapon, leaving the long barrel to give it a 'rifle-like' appearance. When powered, it gives off a faintly <lasercolor> glow, affecting the surrounding metal. On top of the weapon, close to the sight, is a small screen which upon it displays the number of remaining shots.

a long, <lasercolor> laser sniper rifle

This weapon is relatively big, easily extending most of the length of a lagato, making it somewhat unwieldy to hold in a casual way. It's rounded and smooth, and is fitted with a special sight atop it, allowing one to peer through to see whatever target on the other end much clearer. When powered, it glows faintly, enough to make the surrounding metal appear <lasercolor>. In the bottom, there is a large, detachable casing, allowing for a battery to be inserted into the slot.

Chazz
Cute and Cuddly Coder

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:11 pm      Reply with quote

That's a little to sci-fi for my tastes.

Nedinu
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote

Gotta agree with Chazz on this one. Laser weapons are just too advanced for the setting. Don't get me wrong, laser weapons can work, but unless there is a lot of other stuff of the same tech-level around, it's just too out-of-place.

Raukran
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:27 pm      Reply with quote

Sorry, but I'm relieved I'm not the only one. I really prefer things to be of a more survival feel than Warhammer meets Gears of War with a dash of Star Wars thrown in.

Page 24 of 27   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic