Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:57 pm      Reply with quote

Craft: chemistry Subcraft: simple-drugs Command: formulate
Base: Chemistry
OOC Delay Timer: 2 RL Hours
Fail: The machine flashes a red error and ceases its operations.
Phase 1:
1st: You carefully select vials from $1.
3rd: $n selects vials from $1.
T: 5
1: (sampled 10032)
Phase 2:
1st: You place the vials into $2, carefully examining the spectroanalytical readouts.
3rd: $n places the vials into $2, examining the data on the screen.
T: 10
2: (in-room 6077)
3: (in-room 6901)
Phase 3:
1st: You set the process parameters based on the read-out and insert $4, directing the chemical reconstitution into the new compound.
3rd: $n programs a data panel on the equipment.
1; $simpledrug from Object4 to position 1 on Object6
4: (held 10039)
Phase 4:

*** Press return to continue - 'q' to quit *** 1stFail: The machines hums as you monitor the output variables, but your formula has gone awry. You know it will produce nothing of value.
3rdFail: The machine hums, data flashing across the screen as the process continues.
1st: The machine hums as you monitor the output variables, successfuly executing formulation of the desired compounds.
3rd: The machine hums, data flashing across the screen as the process continues.
Skill: Chemistry vs 1d40
Phase 5:
1st: You feed $5 into the machine.
3rd: $n feeds $5 into the machine.
2; $remtype from Object5 to position 0 on Object6
5: (used 10042)
Phase 6:
1st: The process finishes, with $6 coming down the conveyor.
3rd: The process finishes, with $6 coming down the conveyor.
6: (produced 10038)

Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:26 pm      Reply with quote

Training Dummy (Mechanics)

I was going to try to copy the format above, but uh, I don't know what a few of the variables are.

------------------------------
construct training-dummy-torso
20/30 of bar of plasticblah-polyprop or w/e
10 of bolt of fabric-blah
forge
mechanic tools
mold?

Checks and stuff and you make like a scarecrow torso basically.

-----------------------------
construct training-dummy-base
20 of a bar of ironalloy-iron or w/e
mechanic tools
forge

Checks and stuff and essentially you just fuse the bars together to make a long pole thing.

------------------------
assemble training-dummy
training-dummy-torso
training-dummy-base
mechanic tools

You put the two together to make a training dummy mob in the room (doesn't move) that has like...superhuman con with pacifist flag. This way, people can practice combat skills without having to risk death or beat the hell out of other people. Of note, since it's still a mob, it can/will eventually break. That, combined with its cost, should prevent perma-training spam.

Onasaki
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm      Reply with quote

Yes. I'd love to have Training Dummies again!

imany
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:18 pm      Reply with quote

Electronics/Mechanics:

* Circuit boards:
I'm not sure this still exists, but -- wire circuit board? I haven't heard of anyone branching this or seen the circuit board mold, but given that circuit boards are used in EVERYTHING electronics-related and they go quickly, it would be great if these were put back in (if they are gone).

Base Circuit Board: circuit board mold, plastic, torch, 2 hr success cd, amateur check, produced 3 (would like to see base circuit boards be a mechanics craft rather than handicraft, but either way is fine)
Wired Board: 3 circuit boards, 1 coiled wire, soldering iron, 2 hr success cd, amateur check (wire coil is also an electronics craft that seems to have gone missing -- 1 plastic, 1 metal, torch, amateur, 2 hour success).

* Electrical cable and pipes:
These being electronics and mechanics crafts respectively would be awesome -- while these are scavvable, I think it stands to reason that producing them is within the current engineers' abilities and saves precious scavs for other equipment, while also making fixing up home base generators + water systems less of a waste.

Electrical Cable: 3 metal, 3 plastic, torch, machinist, amateur/familiar, 2 hour success
Pipes: 10 metal, torch, machinist, amateur/familiar, 2 hour success

* Transmitters:
I don't know if this is a craft or not, but being able to build a mounted two-way transmitter for home bases would be awesome and totally worth whatever resources it would take.

Build Transmitter: large complicated radio parts, 5 microcomponents, 5 circuits and wires, 10 plastic, 10 metal, diagnostic tool, soldering iron, machinist tools, torch, talented/adroit, 24 hours success/fail
Install Transmitter: transmitter + some sort of mount craft, beginner, no cd

* Security systems/video feed from a room:
I don't know if this is a possibility or not, either, but getting monitors, video cameras, unauthorized entry zaps and the like in the game would be pretty awesome.

Security Monitor: monitor, keyboard, 1 microcomponent, 1 circuits and wires, familiar, 6 hours success
Install Monitor: security monitor + plastic?, beginner, no cd
Synchronize Camera: installed security monitor, video camera, gang logo stamp, spray paint, amateur, 2 hour success
Install Camera: synch'd camera, some sort of mount, amateur, no cd, must be on private property OR allow hiding these and an uninstall craft

* New buildings/rooms
Are these in yet or doable? I get the impression they are not, but I see some crafts that seem to be geared toward building these kinds of things.

Biology/Chemistry:

* Soil:
I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but we can't plant with no soil and we can't get soil from anything I've seen, not for lack of trying. I think this is already being worked on, but it would be pretty interesting to see some kind of craft that refined gato dung or the like.

* Stat drugs:
PCP or the like. Increases your str or agi for 5-10 minutes, then gives you a severe debuff or health injury for 30-60 or something. Possibly addictive qualities. Possibly allows the knocking down of people blocking paths. From what I know of the drugs, this probably isn't a possibility, and I don't know how much these would be used, but could be interesting/possibly life saving for those playing characters who just piss other people off.

* Paper:
This would definitely not be a particularly good use of resources compared to food and such; however, being able to produce books for notes and art without needing a laptop or a canvas could be a nice flavor thing.

* Reinforced plastic:
Used for heavy duty handicraft. Allows handicrafters to create eye protection that actually protects the eyes?

* Tranquilizer:
This is totally just a dream, but it would be nice to be able to immobilize gatos without needing 12 people to block four directions. (You didn't say they had to be good ideas!) Automatically resisted if health is above 2 stars, rifle only, useless if does not hit, else does trauma damage. Only one can be loaded at a time. Probably requires something like adroit/master bio + chem.

creepyguyinblack
Registered

The Alpha and the Omega

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:50 pm      Reply with quote

imany wrote:

* Paper:
This would definitely not be a particularly good use of resources compared to food and such; however, being able to produce books for notes and art without needing a laptop or a canvas could be a nice flavor thing.

Writing material doesnt have to be dried wood pulp. We could use thin plastic sheets, wide leaves, fabric or canvas sheets, pressed metal even, depending on the writing material. Maybe made with handicraft, depending on the material. Could allow educated folk to send physical messages by courier w/o risk of radio reception.
Also with multiple equal sheets, they could be bound into a book, journal or what have you.

whimsy
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:20 am      Reply with quote

Sup? I'm new. This is actually my first post.

Is it possible to have multiple skill requirements for a craft? For example...
Chemistry + Gunsmith
* Incendiary rounds.
* Gel rounds.

Chemistry + Biology
* Military-grade stimulants.

If not, that can be a two-part process - chemistry can create the materials that a gunsmith needs to put in a hollow-point or something to produce incendiary rounds.

Anyway, the first thing that comes to mind for biology is infectious diseases. Farming might also fall under biology, particularly considering the non-classical circumstances available for farming in Rust's vicinity. (Hydroponics, perhaps, at lower levels, and actual in-the-ground farming at higher levels.)

This may make food, but biology may also allow the creation of some materials that chemists might use, either through farming, insect farms, or splicing DNA/RNA into bacteria in order to have them produce some chemical for chemists (or medics, I s'pose).

Biology may also allow the production of materials similar to poisons that non-human races or creatures are allergic to or find toxic. It may also give someone an edge in combat against those creatures for the purposes of targeting vital areas. (Xenobiology!)

I think the training dummy was a great idea for Mechanics; it could also produce target machines for firing ranges. Small vehicles, drones, etc may be in this purview.

Electronics: creating locks; bypassing locks. Espionage. Casing shops for theft. Security systems. Proximity sensors for scavving. Decoys for scavving (e.g. alarms or simulated conversation). Remote viewing (audio bugs, cameras, etc.).

Tyrant
Registered

Benevolent Despot

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:24 am      Reply with quote

I'd be glad to never see a combat stim or training dummy.

Off the wall master-level stuff that would entertain me:
biology: genetic tampering. An unbelievably pricy and difficult to make syrum that when injected might take a random point here and put it over there on your stats. Or it just kills you. Fun.

Gunsmithing(kinda) construct composite-bow. Construct simple-shortbow, forge arrowhead, mold arrow-shaft, mold arrow-fletchings etc etc. Why don't we have bows anyways? We have metal plastic and cloth. What else would you need?

Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:12 am      Reply with quote

Tyrant wrote:
I'd be glad to never see a combat stim or training dummy.

Off the wall master-level stuff that would entertain me:
biology: genetic tampering. An unbelievably pricy and difficult to make syrum that when injected might take a random point here and put it over there on your stats. Or it just kills you. Fun.

Gunsmithing(kinda) construct composite-bow. Construct simple-shortbow, forge arrowhead, mold arrow-shaft, mold arrow-fletchings etc etc. Why don't we have bows anyways? We have metal plastic and cloth. What else would you need?

Bows take an immense amount of practice to use effectively. The muscle structure to be able to draw heavier bows (and let's face it, what else is going to harm a lot of the Lunar wildlife, or pierce armour?) is something developed over rather a long period of time, too.

Tyrant
Registered

Benevolent Despot

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:54 am      Reply with quote

Scarcity of bullets would make a lot of characters(and backgrounds too I imagine) turn to the bow out of necessity. Its that or pitching knives and sling bullets which...tend to leave a lot to be desired. I did have fun once unloading thirty sling bullets into a lagato to see if it would do anything...it didn't.

Bartleby
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:37 am      Reply with quote

Aken wrote:
Tyrant wrote:

Bows take an immense amount of practice to use effectively. The muscle structure to be able to draw heavier bows (and let's face it, what else is going to harm a lot of the Lunar wildlife, or pierce armour?) is something developed over rather a long period of time, too.

Not sure I understand this objection. Is drawing a bow harder to learn than programming a robot? And wouldn't the muscle structure develop through use? I mean, how does it develop IRL? I don't understand how Rust is different than real life in any of these regards, and the fact that you could make it from cheaper materials alone means that people would be driven to try, I would think.

Now, if there's some kind of balance or playability issue, that's completely understandable.

I would prefer not to.
Page 4 of 27   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic