Home

Register a new account  
Craft Ideas
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Kuromushi
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:49 pm      Reply with quote

i would still rather see bows and crossbows added ingame.
i mean, how hard is it to fashion a bow? you could even defeather the birds for the flights.
there may be a reason why bows don't exist i don't know it.
maybe because the gun code is weird?
but in a survival type game, i guess if it's because they don't want a million arrows being made...

LukeRM
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:08 am      Reply with quote

It would be nice if we had more varieties of armored clothing (say, padded undies, or kevlar-reinforced boots...they wouldn't really add much protection, but they'd be a nice touch for fighting in style. I mean, bulletproof platform boots?)

Is it possible, as well, to have wearable artwork items? Say, we could have custom-ish decorative jewelry, or accessories. I mean, a nice pair of ceremonial epaulettes or such or heavy chains of gold-plated magnon...etc. We could use 'dmote' to simulate these items, but I guess it would give more demand for artistic types, so we can have our crocodile hats, or somesuch.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:20 am      Reply with quote

LukeRM wrote:
It would be nice if we had more varieties of armored clothing (say, padded undies, or kevlar-reinforced boots...they wouldn't really add much protection, but they'd be a nice touch for fighting in style. I mean, bulletproof platform boots?)

Is it possible, as well, to have wearable artwork items? Say, we could have custom-ish decorative jewelry, or accessories. I mean, a nice pair of ceremonial epaulettes or such or heavy chains of gold-plated magnon...etc. We could use 'dmote' to simulate these items, but I guess it would give more demand for artistic types, so we can have our crocodile hats, or somesuch.

Crocodile-skin hats exist in game already, as do custom chain jewelry via artistry/decorate, gold-plating exists, epaulettes exist on military shirts.

RE:armored non-armor, oh gosh no. I've seen one too many PCs gallivanting through a fight in high-heels to want to see that encouraged. Fight in style all you want; just be willing to suffer the consequences.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
LukeRM
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:57 am      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
LukeRM wrote:
herp

Crocodile-skin hats exist in game already, as do custom chain jewelry via artistry/decorate, gold-plating exists, epaulettes exist on military shirts.

RE:armored non-armor, oh gosh no. I've seen one too many PCs gallivanting through a fight in high-heels to want to see that encouraged. Fight in style all you want; just be willing to suffer the consequences.

I was thinking of something more elegant that could fill the previously mentioned 'general' wearlocs, mostly. It might give a bit more flexibility in dress and less hassle writing up dmotes or long decorations. I can accept the no armored non-armor, though. Maybe armored pants could give partial cover protection, at least, so I could wear a shirt and pants instead of a coat (which I think looks kinda goofy on most characters.) It may also give some extra work for artists and clothiers to do.

Also, I meant crocodile-skull/head helmets when I wrote that. Maybe it could use the mask object, instead, or some such, so I could wear the jaw of a dead croc on my neck.

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:09 am      Reply with quote

LukeRM wrote:
Maybe armored pants could give partial cover protection, at least, so I could wear a shirt and pants instead of a coat (which I think looks kinda goofy on most characters.) It may also give some extra work for artists and clothiers to do.

Armored pants/shirts are a thing, though you can only do it with kevlar.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
LukeRM
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:12 am      Reply with quote

Hyriana wrote:
LukeRM wrote:
sfsdf.

Armored pants/shirts are a thing, though you can only do it with kevlar.

Yeah, I know that, sorry to not clarify. I just meant that I think the pants item should provide 'partial' coverage and not 'total' (prevent wearing of other armor items, specifically kevlar armor and boots, which it may come with as extra reinforcement or somesuch.)

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:41 pm      Reply with quote

Armor is very precarious to change, because, to be completely honest, it's ridiculously and hilariously overpowered in the current iteration of the game. Small adjustments to things like that, with the kind of numbers involved, could lead to more severe imbalances through more flexible coverage/better partial armors.

While I think there is something to be said for armor with style, I think this is mostly an issue with the existing armor items being inflexible and ugly, mostly. A hauberk's a hauberk's a hauberk.

Azmodan
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 am      Reply with quote

I do wish that armor was more like clothing in regards to patterns/styles. Currently the only things that people can really change with it is the color (via hide type such as shimmering black or russet, ect...) and the metal that it is plated with. Everyone has the same hauberk, cowl, sleeves, leggings, boots, gloves, collar, and mesh.

It would be extra awesome to see various styles, that while protecting the same amount looked different. If you google plate armor there's tons of images of various things that all look different yet do the same things. I do realize that all these things aren't 100% real, but neither is the game itself.

LukeRM
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 am      Reply with quote

Azmodan wrote:
I do wish that armor was more like clothing in regards to patterns/styles. Currently the only things that people can really change with it is the color (via hide type such as shimmering black or russet, ect...) and the metal that it is plated with. Everyone has the same hauberk, cowl, sleeves, leggings, boots, gloves, collar, and mesh.

It would be extra awesome to see various styles, that while protecting the same amount looked different. If you google plate armor there's tons of images of various things that all look different yet do the same things. I do realize that all these things aren't 100% real, but neither is the game itself.

I'd agree with this too. I remember the various plated armor that the Arena equipped you in, and I found it a nice touch that there were various styles (spiked, gothic plate, etc) that still provided the same protection. It's a shame though, since we can't change the already existing items and writing new variables and items would be a hassle.

OutOfThisWorld
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:53 am      Reply with quote

Since this is the Crafting idea page. I have one or three, though I expect it'd be more for the Handicrafters then anyone else, though I'd rather love to see Weaponcrafters possibly get something new. Though they do have a lot of crafts they can do as is. Then again, i don't see this craft getting more then a laugh, trying to revive the thread and toss out idea's.

Weaponcrafters and Handi's both can shape metal in one way or another. So why not set up the ability to make pipes with one of those two. Make it a high skill to get and harder to make.Which would keep pipes valueable but also give the chance to make them in game when the numbers are too low to do scav runs.

Even if you split the craft where say the Weapon crafter fashions out the metal sheeting and the handi crafter is the one to shape it into the proper shape, welding the seams together to make it whole. It would make the 2 craft sets reliant on the other like biology and chemistry are. Also setting them at higher skill level's would make it challenging to get, harder to keep. Also, between the two making them, have the timer for that specific craft high like a 3 to 7 day timer. Making it possible to do other crafts but keeping the pipes at a low because of how long a person has to wait between crafting of each set. I suppose it would require a special timer like Hatch and gate repairs do.

Biology and Chemistry-

A skill for them, which I think would be amazing is for them to be able to actually work farms. Planting grains and fruit bushes (blackberries, strawberries, cantaloupes, and even poison berries which could be used for creating poisons for the weapons, a short lived poison coating) into prepared soil (like the cathedral was for the herbs). These few foods would give those who play Vegans something different they could eat aside from the lettuce, mushrooms and kelp.

Cooking skill-

Adding the above fruits would give the cooks the ability to make fruit salads, cobblers and pies. Can all ready make bread puddling so adding a few extra steps to turn that pudding into cobbler or pie, I don't -THINK- would be too difficult. Same for the fruit into a fruit salad. Code is there for the salads, just change it for fruit salad.

Page 27 of 27   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic