Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
To make shop keeprs lives better and fix the game economy
Forum Index   Θ   Help Desk

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote

kel wrote:
One suggestion I have, that would probably be a huge boost to the overall game economies... Bring back the labor crews, like we had in the ship. Put them in the market. Could call em... cleaning crews, or shanty upkeep crews. Let you earn one or two or three or four or five or whatever it was chips for the various levels of success, put a timer on it.

This would help bring some new chips into the game, and provide, at least a small, balance to the devices taking them out of the game (mainly shanties and gold blocks).

All this talk about 'balance', it's not meant to be balanced at all. The Families should and do hold all the cards, the indies (shop owners or not) have to struggle and fight for every bit they get. This is not happy, smiley land of the plenty.

Warrior on the edge of time.
kel
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:01 pm      Reply with quote

Anyway, bump on the work crew suggestion.

mag3man1
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:59 pm      Reply with quote

I'mma agree with Roadhawk on this one. The work crews were fine and dandy on the ship, because we were used to having hundreds and hundreds of chips to spend on whatever we wanted, because we had Haggle in beta.

Now that there's a NEW beta, in which we aren't used to having all the chips we could ever want, it should stay that way. There are ways to get a set amount of chips, if your PC is willing to do them, but it's not for everybody. The families have chips, the indies don't. It's a pecking order, which is well-enforced in the game I think.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:19 pm      Reply with quote

^ I plan on being an indie on my next PC, and I for one am very comfortable with the current pecking order.

Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote

Besides, trading is so much more enjoyable. Anyways, what is the in game reasoning for valuing chips so much? They aren't backed by anything. That said, if enough people want them, they create their own value. Like diamonds I guess?

Keep PC to PC trading and battering alive by keeping chips out of the equation. It's awesome.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:44 pm      Reply with quote

I do think shanty rental should be lowered though since it's meant for indies.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 pm      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
I do think shanty rental should be lowered though since it's meant for indies.

Build a house. Bargain with Families for a safe(r) one, or risk getting gunned down in the slums. Enter into a deal with a shopkeep, leave stuff in their backroom. A lot more roleplay/fun to both of those.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Watson
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:14 pm      Reply with quote

Roadhawk wrote:
Anyways, what is the in game reasoning for valuing chips so much? They aren't backed by anything.

Well, chips are the only way, other than scavenging bullets, to get gold. So, in a way, they're gold-backed.

As far as Grandpa's suggestion, I'd love to see more Indies entering into deals to build houses in Family turf for protection, or in the slums where it's risky. It could be really neat.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:14 pm      Reply with quote

I don't need to do any of that. Just 20 chips is obviously not in line with the actual IG economy.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:39 am      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
I don't need to do any of that. Just 20 chips is obviously not in line with the actual IG economy.

You don't need to ever emote, or make crafts. You don't need to do much of anything. It's just a better gameworld when you do.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Page 4 of 5   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic