Register a new account  
To make shop keeprs lives better and fix the game economy
Forum Index   Θ   Help Desk

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:49 am      Reply with quote

What I'm saying is it's not a 'I think it's to expensive cause I can't afford it' request and I wasn't looking for advice on how to get by the cost. I'm saying that 20 chips for a room doesn't match the actual IG economy by a long shot. I'd actually prefer the shanties collapsed and we went to if you want a place to stay build that shiz though.

Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:41 am      Reply with quote

If the majority of the shanties are occupied, I see no problem. Hell if even half of them are being used, we have no problem. Life as in an Indie is tough, enjoy it or join a family.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote

Prices in the market are being audited including shanties.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:46 pm      Reply with quote

Roadhawk wrote:
If the majority of the shanties are occupied, I see no problem. Hell if even half of them are being used, we have no problem. Life as in an Indie is tough, enjoy it or join a family.

There's an infinite amount of shanties, I'm 90% sure.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:48 pm      Reply with quote

Shanty rent is now 15.

supified
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:16 pm      Reply with quote

So my problem with this isn't that it is a barter based economy. My problem is that there seems to be TWO different ecnomies that make no sense.

1> Pcs to pcs mostly barter because they have no chips and no means of really getting them.

2> Pcs to NPCS which REQUIRE CHIPS

This is a problem because first the pc to npc bartering is going to hurt indies the most since they need the npcs to get access to certain things. Material patterns, dyes, access to the factory, shanties, food. And the pc shops only trade in chips too (though the pc shop owners can trade however they want)

This is why I think the system is kind of broken. If npcs could somehow be coded to barter, find, but they probably cant' anytime soon, therefore I see chips as a neccesary placeholder.

This is why this problem is OOC. If it was ic people would straight barter, -including npcs-. And this is why I think we need a way to get chips, even if the return rate is just horrible.

The problem imo is not getting better, we just have a steady flow of new pcs who bring with them new chips. But that is not a solution long term.

Rare chips? Fine.

Barter System ? Fine

But we need a way to deal with the npcs.

Page 5 of 5   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic