Home

Register a new account  
Fighting styles
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Mannfreid
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:49 am      Reply with quote

Hey, it seems everyone gets Short-blade. Because you can't select it, and I always get it on my guys. That being said, you can't select a fighting style until you choose another weapon type. But what about us that just want to use knives?

Any way you can just make the fighting styles selectable at creation, since we all get shortblade? or make shortblade a selectable skills?

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:03 am      Reply with quote

This is intentional, because small-blade kind of sucks for real fighting.

But, if you're dead-set on using it as your primary, and want a style, it's acceptable to select a weapon, select a style, then deselect the weapon. You'll still have the style though it won't show up on the list.

Tyrant
Registered

Benevolent Despot

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:02 am      Reply with quote

I dunno holmes. I've seen some NASTY users of small blades before. Even if its pretty rare. Do we still have the talents that go along with high skill levels? Because the endless bleeders of a master small blades is scary.

Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:20 am      Reply with quote

Weapon skills are still in, but they are kinda broken, at least for swords. CHANGE GRIP used to work, something got tinkered with, and now it does not. I haven't had enough time to check for the combos, although evaluating a sword shows the "can be combo'd with" line.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:30 am      Reply with quote

Change grip is gone, for good, haven't been arsed to remove the echo about it.

Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:32 am      Reply with quote

Okay. Is there going to be a replacement? :/

kog
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:33 am      Reply with quote

So are all the various weaponry perks/buffs being changed back as well?

imany
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:57 pm      Reply with quote

kog wrote:
So are all the various weaponry perks/buffs being changed back as well?

Would like to know about this too!

ShoSH
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:29 pm      Reply with quote

How about Brawling styles? I was curious on this myself as the Brawling help file speaks of martial arts and everything.

How do you even view a style, to begin with? Or see if you have one?

Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:43 pm      Reply with quote

You can think of brawling as the same sort of skill as dual-wield and sole-wield, only its criterion is that you use no weapon, just as the others require something to "trigger." You can't really view a style, they're just skills. Each style is automatically activated whenever you're wielding a certain combination of weapons: a single weapon and nothing else* for sole-wield, either two weapons or a weapon and shield for dual-wield, and no weapon at all for brawling.

The brawling code is not very complex, it's mostly just punching. Players are free to emote doing other things than that - within reason, naturally - and may roleplay employing fighting styles akin to whatever martial art they find suitable. One is expected to match one's roleplay to the skills of one's character, of course, so no flying circle kicks if your brawling skill is amateur. Also, due to the nature of the setting, it's unlikely that there would be precise knowledge of Earth's traditional martial arts. People in Rust shouldn't go around talking about judo and wing tsun.

*you can hold a non-combat object such as a flashlight in your other hand and still qualify as using sole-wield.

Page 1 of 4   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic