Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Bogre
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:57 pm      Reply with quote

Small blades rock.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 pm      Reply with quote

you mean I can stab you with things I don't need to waste precious, precious skill slots for? Yeah, sold.

Tyrant
Registered

Benevolent Despot

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:35 am      Reply with quote

I've been crying for a revamp of brawling since 2005 Sad one day I'll be able to have a kung fu master and reasonably expect not to get eaten by shredders.

You synchronise a resilient, pink handheld control with a
rubbery screen to a vaguely-humanoid mountain of machinery
wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:46 am      Reply with quote

Tyrant wrote:
I've been crying for a revamp of brawling since 2005 Sad one day I'll be able to have a kung fu master and reasonably expect not to get eaten by shredders.
but my immersiiions

Tyrant
Registered

Benevolent Despot

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 am      Reply with quote

What's not immersive about making music on someone's face with a pair of knuckle dusters?

I'm not asking for the moon(we got that already) just that brawling be a viable choice as a combat style. Its there but honestly, what use has it ever been outside of a RP-tool for bar brawls or fisticuff tournaments.

Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:43 am      Reply with quote

It should never and will never be comparable to armed combat. I don't think it takes a lengthy explanation as to why unarmed combat isn't meant to be competitively viable against swords and shields. Bar brawls and boxing tournaments are precisely what it's meant for.

mag3man1
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 pm      Reply with quote

Brawling is easily my favorite skill, for combat, just because of the ways you can RP it. With a sword, you can "emote slashes at ~person hard" or "shoves his sword into ~person's chest."

With Brawling, you can be anywhere from a kid fighting in the bar, jumping on tables, using chairs, etc. to a serious martial artist fighting in Drunken Monkey style. In this way, I feel that brawling is the most RP-able combat skill-- does that mean it should be used to fight lagatos or crocodiles? Absolutely not.

It's meant to be a code-backed RP tool, and I agree that it should stay exactly how it is.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:29 pm      Reply with quote

^ seconded.

Tyrant
Registered

Benevolent Despot

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:29 pm      Reply with quote

Throttle wrote:
It should never and will never be comparable to armed combat. I don't think it takes a lengthy explanation as to why unarmed combat isn't meant to be competitively viable against swords and shields. Bar brawls and boxing tournaments are precisely what it's meant for.

And this isn't a realistic setting where this argument would be valid. I'd never bet on Bruce Lee against a Joe with a sword and shield. I would however bet on Bruce Lee to win if he was a titan with a cybernetic arm and adamantium claws.

[/img]

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:01 pm      Reply with quote

it is throttle, his word is law...and no, I'd still bet on the hardened warrior with a sword and shield most all the time. a normal schmoe without training would still get his ass beat most likely by a guy with a high brawling and dodge.

Page 2 of 4   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic