Home

Register a new account  
Newbie Skill Guide
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Sphinx
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:21 am      Reply with quote

Personally, I think it's a bit of a pity that people have the attitude they do about Bio and Chem being inseparable. When I've had one and not the other, it's made for some fun rp with people who've had the other one and not the one I had.

That said, it was my intention to eventually have my char learn the other one as well.

My point is that you won't be utterly useless if you don't have both.

Bogre
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:00 pm      Reply with quote

I'm going to mention the basic skill set I think works best to participate in all of PRPI's game areas.

Basic Fighter
One of the best and most useful character builds, I think, is to have a 4-skill combat char. What this means is taking 1) Weapon skill 2) Weapon Style 3) Gun skill 4) Craft. It's basically all of what you need to fight out the gate, with the additional ability to do stuff in downtime between runs. It's also very customizeable- switch the gunskill/craft for medicine/FA and you have a combat medic, for hide/sneak for a scout, or gunskill for another craft to rock biology/chemistry and electronics/mechanics. Best single added skills to make it a 5 skill build, or single switches for the gun skill, are scavenge/hide/brawling/education, or to pair up crafts.

[/b]

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:13 pm      Reply with quote

I approve whole-heartedly of Bogre's post, and I would point out that although you start with amateur instead of familiar if you go five skills instead of four, it is a small difference that can easily be made up with by a week or two RL of even non-twink gameplay. Great posts all around, excellent resource for new players.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:51 pm      Reply with quote

Sphinx wrote:
Personally, I think it's a bit of a pity that people have the attitude they do about Bio and Chem being inseparable. When I've had one and not the other, it's made for some fun rp with people who've had the other one and not the one I had.

That said, it was my intention to eventually have my char learn the other one as well.

My point is that you won't be utterly useless if you don't have both.

It's not about being useless, it's that it's frustrating as a newbie to not be able to do anything significant by yourself.

And, Re: Bogre's post, that's the build my PCs usually take, for what that's worth.

Sabrelon
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:06 pm      Reply with quote

I would like to add, for those new players who aren't as interested in combat: Though there is a much higher emphasis on social roleplay and the fact that you'll have to create your own roleplaying scenarios instead of just be thrown into them like fighters, it totally is possible to enjoy being a pure, non-combat player in game.

It definitely -is- easier to start off as a combatant as that'll immediately give you a roll to play in the gameworld, I really dislike playing combat characters as a whole, and enjoy playing just as much as a PC with no combat skills/experience whatsoever.

cruelcore
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:09 am      Reply with quote

I've always wondered. If you have a pistol in either hand and try to fire x - do you shoot from both guns?

Guts
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:12 am      Reply with quote

cruelcore wrote:
I've always wondered. If you have a pistol in either hand and try to fire x - do you shoot from both guns?

I believe I did some testing with this a while ago and you shoot one bullet from one gun at a time, alternating hands so it essentially gives you a larger clip

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:22 am      Reply with quote

Guts wrote:
cruelcore wrote:

I believe I did some testing with this a while ago and you shoot one bullet from one gun at a time, alternating hands so it essentially gives you a larger clip

Really boss, you could always use 'switch' if you had to use the second gun.

Page 2 of 2   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic