Home

Register a new account  
.50 cp, or not
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Bartleby
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:57 am      Reply with quote

This may be totally the wrong forum for this, in which case I apologize. Embarassed

But I was wondering about things that are priced at .50 cp, since there is no .50 cp chip. If the shopkeeper only has one of these in stock (the example that caused me to think of this being the cigarettes at the Neutral Ground but there might be others, I dunno), then they don't really cost .50 cp, they cost 1cp.

It might seem like a miniscule distinction, except that it's a 100% markup, which is pretty steep.

I'm not proposing a particular solution, just wondering, really. Only two come to mind atm, and neither seems ideal -- one being to make sure that these things are always available in quantities of more than 1 (seems way too much of a micromanaging headache for the staff), the other being the introduction of a .50 cp chip (which seems overcomplicated, potentially with unforeseen repercussions).

I suppose a third option would be that nothing ever cost less than 1 cp, but chips are so scarce that there are any number of small ticket items that one might not be willing to pay a whole chip for.

Hmm. Just wondering?

I would prefer not to.
Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:59 am      Reply with quote

'buy 2 thingy' will always work in an NPC shop like the Neutral Ground which is selling 'fixed' items (as opposed to ones with selectable variables), I think.

Bartleby
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:05 pm      Reply with quote

Unfortunately not? Unless I'm doing it wrong.

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||| > A short-haired, broken-nosed woman whispers to you,
"I only have 1 of that in stock at the moment."

I would prefer not to.
Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:08 pm      Reply with quote

Okay, that's somewhat strange. Possibly just an oversight? That place should probably be set to infinite stock, essentially, since it's wholly NPC. Sure staff can put in a word one way or the other.

Bartleby
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:12 pm      Reply with quote

Actually I think you might be right, that there's just something funny about the variables at that particular shop?

I remember buying from there when they had 2 of a certain type of cigarette, but when I got the cigarettes in question, their variable was actually different than what it had been on the list. Like, it had been "2 of a such-and-so cigarette" but when I got them they were, instead, "2 of a some-kinda cigarette." But they weren't listed as variable in the shop list.

So possibly it's just a bug with the Neutral Ground in particular. In which case this is definitely the wrong forum, doh. Cool

I would prefer not to.
Guts
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:29 pm      Reply with quote

Bartleby wrote:
Actually I think you might be right, that there's just something funny about the variables at that particular shop?

I remember buying from there when they had 2 of a certain type of cigarette, but when I got the cigarettes in question, their variable was actually different than what it had been on the list. Like, it had been "2 of a such-and-so cigarette" but when I got them they were, instead, "2 of a some-kinda cigarette." But they weren't listed as variable in the shop list.

So possibly it's just a bug with the Neutral Ground in particular. In which case this is definitely the wrong forum, doh. Cool

I'm pretty sure its a bug with cigarettes that has been around for a long time

Page 1 of 1   Θ  
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic