Register a new account  
Small quality of life bugs
Forum Index   Θ   Bug Reports

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
caellyndria
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:30 pm      Reply with quote

imany wrote:
Floor mounted radios are non-adjustable transmitters. While channel 74 was fine for the Atlas, I don't think they make much sense for a multi-family large slummer city like Rust.

The craft might make the old kind, it's less of a bug than a petition/craft fix, I think

imany
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:11 pm      Reply with quote

I think I've reported issues like this in this thread, but I don't really want to go back and look. I'm just going to put it here.

Another one is:

configure new-plasma-treater only takes sleek batteries (sleek and small batteries are interchangeable in my experience) and eats the battery entirely. Since sleek batteries cannot be made by players afaik, this is probably something that should be looked into.

Coil
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:42 pm      Reply with quote

Sleek batteries are very different than small batteries. They take up significantly less space, and are much harder to make/find. They -can- be made, I believe, with high mechanics skill.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:52 am      Reply with quote

imany wrote:
I think I've reported issues like this in this thread, but I don't really want to go back and look. I'm just going to put it here.

Another one is:

configure new-plasma-treater only takes sleek batteries (sleek and small batteries are interchangeable in my experience) and eats the battery entirely. Since sleek batteries cannot be made by players afaik, this is probably something that should be looked into.

I did this on purpose.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:45 pm      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
imany wrote:

Another one is:

I did this on purpose.

I don't know about these artificial stopgaps with no way to prevent/work around them other than "go scavenge more." Is there no way to get back a dead sleek battery, or allow it to destroy normal batteries, too?

ETA: Or apparently there is a way to craft around it. But building a sleek battery--merely the finished product--is 24 hours. Plus two hours for putting the treater together, plus 2 hours for the plasma torch, plus X hours for battery acid and Z hours for making the shell.

All this for fifteen uses, which really just incentivizes the use of meds.

Could we perhaps reduce the timers/allow batteries, but instead make plasma treaters medicine only, thus boosting a skill that's otherwise relatively pointless anyway?

That seems like a far more intelligent/logical stopgap here.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:24 pm      Reply with quote

2hour timer for the shells....

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 am      Reply with quote

What can I say I like timers when it comes to high level gear. I think it should be set up for medicine but I'm not sure there's a way to make it only check against that skill to raise it. I'll ask Holmes next time I see him.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:25 am      Reply with quote

I like the idea of making the plasma treaters run off medicine.

But then you're liable to have the same kind of bizarre effect ICly that we had when people suddenly stopped being able to use high-grade meds a few months back.

I think the treaters are rare enough at present that it won't be as noticeable done sooner rather than later though.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:12 pm      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
What can I say I like timers when it comes to high level gear. I think it should be set up for medicine but I'm not sure there's a way to make it only check against that skill to raise it. I'll ask Holmes next time I see him.

The problem is that it doesn't match the 'high-level gear' already available. It's roughly midgrade level, but for 15 uses it's more resources and just as many timers. You're disincentivizing high-level electronics at the cost of making it obvious that it's more efficient to use mid-level chemistry.

15 uses on a plasma treater costs you 36 hours of timers. It costs a charged plasma torch(2 hours) plus a sleek battery(24+2+6 hours), plus 2 hours for making it work. Not to mention the two twenty-four-hour timers at adroit level to build it, five charges of a plasma torch, and half a bar of metal, two microcomponents, and four wires/gears to build it in the first place.

15 uses from midgrade medicine is a minimal cost of supplies, plus boxes/30 hours of timers.

A plasma treater needs to either: be imroved to between migrade and highgrade(currently I believe it's lower than midgrade, as Holmes told me), or made medicine only/leave the _shell_ so you can reload the battery with acid.

As-is the whole medicine tree is useless(education would be a better skillchoice, and boosts first-aid too), and it's silly that a familiar-familiar-familiar first-aid/medicine/education PC is codedly worse than a talented or adroit irst-aid(IE, can't use high-grade.

TL;DR

30 hours of timers+minimal supplies+mid-level skill beats 80+ hours of timers+a great deal of supplies+high-level skill.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:24 pm      Reply with quote

+1

Page 5 of 8   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic