Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm      Reply with quote

Sleek batteries can be scavenged.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote

Yea, I made the sleek craft just so if you -really- couldn't get one scavenged you could make it. Also for skill grindingz.

We're talking about expanding medicine in the admin forums at the moment. Plan is to make crafts for advanced treatments in the city. Mainly so I stop seeing people pull bullets out on the streets or have some band aids put on grievous wounds. Making it so no-take medical items can force some actual doctor RPz.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:37 pm      Reply with quote

Aken wrote:
Sleek batteries can be scavenged.

grandpa wrote:
I don't know about these artificial stopgaps with no way to prevent/work around them other than "go scavenge more." Is there no way to get back a dead sleek battery, or allow it to destroy normal batteries, too?

caellyndria
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:33 pm      Reply with quote

I'm okay with it only using sleek batteries and draining them to the point that they need to be rebuilt , but destroying the shells for rebuild is jarring. I understand wanting to maintain scarcity and material sinks, but it should make two shells instead of going PEW DISSOLVE.

Edit: And I say two shells because that's what it takes to make one sleek battery.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:52 pm      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
We're talking about expanding medicine in the admin forums at the moment. Plan is to make crafts for advanced treatments in the city. Mainly so I stop seeing people pull bullets out on the streets or have some band aids put on grievous wounds. Making it so no-take medical items can force some actual doctor RPz.

All of which probably belongs in another thread, and none of which relates to plasma treaters being: less powerful, more expensive, and more time-consuming than midgrade meds. There's no upside codedly.

ETA: They're great RP props. They're fun, and cool, and I'm glad they're IG. They add a lot of RP. But codedly there's no reason or incentive to use them given the major requirements and the minimal reward. Unless I was told wrong and they're as good as high grade instead of slightly-worse-than midgrade, I can't recommend them.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Brainwright
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:

All of which probably belongs in another thread, and none of which relates to plasma treaters being: less powerful, more expensive, and more time-consuming than midgrade meds. There's no upside codedly.

ETA: They're great RP props. They're fun, and cool, and I'm glad they're IG. They add a lot of RP. But codedly there's no reason or incentive to use them given the major requirements and the minimal reward. Unless I was told wrong and they're as good as high grade instead of slightly-worse-than midgrade, I can't recommend them.

Well, welcome to our technologically superior world, where there are many fancy gizmos that make no economic sense, but we still use them because wow factor is a great incentive to get people to actually use it.

It's art mimicing reality, really. The plasma treaters aren't that great. All they do is disinfect and seal wounds in a way that would only be slightly more messy and slightly heavier with standard meds.

Matt wrote:

First aid code doesn't really follow reality very well, so you get odd things like this.

At best, the most I could suggest as a fix is add the possibility of reopening wounds, restrict bleeding severity based on body location such that the feet and hands have almost no chance of bleeding severely (so that players can armor vulnerable areas), and create a craft that can permanently close bleeding, but takes a minute or so.

Anything else is just trying to make a system based in convenience less convenient.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:39 pm      Reply with quote

It worked fine before the sudden changes to require various skill-levels for various meds. Especially given that everyone roleplays just smearing it on, with maybe one line of cleanup. Also, feet/hands don't take much damage--that exists already.

Re: player work isn't worth anything, meh. It's a meh system that just inherently benefits biochemistry for no reason right now.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:09 pm      Reply with quote

Once you make the plasma treater you don't have to remake it, you have to remake medicine. The only timers you -have- to have to reload the treater is the one for the plasma torch. I only put in the sleek battery craft so you have a secondary method of getting them. (and for high level mechanics people to use the skill). So it's 30 hours of timers making the medicine, which isn't straight so it's actually much more difficult having to log in when your timer is up. Or 2-28 hours for the plasma treater which the majority of is just one craft.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:20 am      Reply with quote

I changed the timer on new-sleek-battery to 12 hours.

Brainwright
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:41 am      Reply with quote

Can we please fix the third party forage message from "X reconvers y," to "X recovers y?"

Page 6 of 8   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic