Home

Register a new account  
Family Vouchers or Scrip
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Throttle
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:07 pm      Reply with quote

No, like a few crafts/progs that reward scrip and a merchant that accepts it as payment for things like tailoring patterns, access cards for the factory, and maybe crafting toolcases. Poooossibly for renting shanties as well, but we'll see if that can be done without making it impractical.

imany
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:10 pm      Reply with quote

Oh, neat. Sounds good.

Bartleby
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:24 pm      Reply with quote

It really does.

I would prefer not to.
kel
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote

Throttle wrote:
No, like a few crafts/progs that reward scrip and a merchant that accepts it as payment for things like tailoring patterns, access cards for the factory, and maybe crafting toolcases. Poooossibly for renting shanties as well, but we'll see if that can be done without making it impractical.

Would this be for families and indies both?

creepyguyinblack
Registered

The Alpha and the Omega

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:48 pm      Reply with quote

Awesome, glad to hear scrip is coming.
What about it also possibly being used as salary to family members, like the payday command?

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:19 pm      Reply with quote

As I understand, it could be fairly flexible.

A family payday would actually be a handy way of making sure quartermastering was done well. Local family shop that takes family scrit in exchange for supplies. Payday amt is based on rank. Crafters just have the QM put and price goods in the back, and active players get a weekly scrit allotment to receive their new armor, or save up for that oquality sword...

Bartleby
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
A family payday would actually be a handy way of making sure quartermastering was done well. Local family shop that takes family scrit in exchange for supplies. Payday amt is based on rank.

A little complicated in a Family where the only two IC ranks are Boss and not-Boss and coded rank is a nebulous and confusing condition that mainly relates to code command access (and is still being sorted out).

Just saying.

But, as Meatloaf said, two outta three ain't bad. Cool

I would prefer not to.
HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:13 pm      Reply with quote

Indeed, that would probably be better for groups with a focus on organization >_>

I do think that certain families chaotic nature is an asset!

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:11 am      Reply with quote

To be honest.. this whole idea seems very against everything that's been said so far.

The notion of families are that you join a collective, and in addition for the skills and abilities you offer to said collective, you get food, protection and the things you need to effect your day to day life. IE a co-op.

These aren't paid jobs. Else family members should be paying for the food they get, for the armor and weapons and radios and beds and protection.

Really doesn't seem like family member need even -more- perks. Like all the pro-family folks like to rail about "indies face the difficulties they do because they're indies", well... Seems like there's a fair amount of difficulties that family should folk as well. They get life handed to them on a silver platter, and in return they get to become Borg drones, once they sign said lives away by joining a family.

So yeah, this seems like pretty much a horrible, unbalanced idea. Unless its made available to everyone, despite their affiliation.

Bartleby
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:33 am      Reply with quote

kel wrote:
Really doesn't seem like family member need even -more- perks. Like all the pro-family folks like to rail about "indies face the difficulties they do because they're indies", well... Seems like there's a fair amount of difficulties that family should folk as well. They get life handed to them on a silver platter, and in return they get to become Borg drones, once they sign said lives away by joining a family.

I'm not really sure how it would change the balance at all. As it stands, the same things they would be "buying" with scrip are just being handed out to them, more or less willy-nilly, at the discretion (and with the micromanage-y attention required) of the PCs who oversee such things in their Families. This, as far as I understand it, would just be a different method of distributing the same goods in more or less the same amounts.

It would just make it more automated, so that people of the same rank got about the same stuff of about the same quality, or whatever. Leaving the PCs in goods-administrative roles to not have to personally know and deal with each individual PC who required and had earned a flak vest, or what have you.

I'm not sure it's a great way of doing it, I reserve judgment at this moment. But I don't think it represents anything additional being offered to people involved in the Family. They're already receiving the stuff, for "free" as a perk of membership. But this way they don't have to be logged in at the same time as the weaponscrafter to get a gquality sword, or whatever, and the weaponscrafter doesn't even have to have ever seen or met them to distribute what they need to them.

I would prefer not to.
Page 4 of 6   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic