Register a new account  
Traps visible
Forum Index   Θ   Bug Reports

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote

Recently I've been seeing multiple traps around the gameworld that others(either clanned with me or not, grouped with me or not) have set, usually despite me not being present when I set them.

This is new, and I don't have a pattern for it yet. It is somewhat gamebreaking, though, because it means I can't be hit by the traps personally.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Mercury
Registered

hello human

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:01 pm      Reply with quote

The same for me with the traps.

I don't know if this is relevant but I have been seeing a lot of new "hidden from view" objects that I did not search for.

wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 pm      Reply with quote

I've seen one also, which was a bit odd. I just assumed it was because the group lead knew about it, or something.

Tepes
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:39 pm      Reply with quote

I've noticed this, but just assumed it was due to grouping. Odd.

Tepes
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:32 am      Reply with quote

Also noticed it's not just traps. Anything anyone hides.

Starmonger
Registered

Void Dreamer

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:28 am      Reply with quote

Tepes wrote:
Also noticed it's not just traps. Anything anyone hides.

This. It seems we've all sported Third eyes

And then they kissed. They kissed like like lovers, like friends, like rivals, like enemies. They kissed... like soul mates.
thorongil
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:22 pm      Reply with quote

I have to wonder if this could have something to do with the dual-use of the 'reveal' command? Maybe it's bugging out and showing everyone everything they've hidden when they try to reveal their concealed clothing?

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:57 pm      Reply with quote

thorongil wrote:
I have to wonder if this could have something to do with the dual-use of the 'reveal' command? Maybe it's bugging out and showing everyone everything they've hidden when they try to reveal their concealed clothing?

Reveal's never worked on traps, because if you can see them you can't be hit by them. It'd change the entire dynamic.

That said, I think you're right that this bug -actually- has to do with hide/reveal being broken, you're right, because I've started to lose vision on objects I hid myself, only to be able to find them with search, omotes still set on them.

ETA:
However I recently had a scene where I logged off, someone set a trap in a room I was not in, and I logged on and was able to see it instantly. Other PCs around, however, were not able to see it.

thorongil
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:28 pm      Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
Reveal's never worked on traps, because if you can see them you can't be hit by them. It'd change the entire dynamic.

Well, I mean, right. That would be the point of revealing a trap, so that people in your clan/group/whatever know it's there and know to step over the tripwire or whatever and don't kill themselves, but people who don't know it's there don't avoid it. Right?

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:50 pm      Reply with quote

thorongil wrote:
grandpa wrote:

Well, I mean, right. That would be the point of revealing a trap, so that people in your clan/group/whatever know it's there and know to step over the tripwire or whatever and don't kill themselves, but people who don't know it's there don't avoid it. Right?

Yes, it would be. It makes some sense, too, but it was(I believe) set up the way it is because just because an incredibly skilled man can find a claymore/firebomb/spear trap and disarm it doesn't mean he can walk a group of 30 men past it. He has to -risk- himself to disarm it/achieve his goal, rather than just ignoring it as soon as he detects it by typing reveal. You're forced to slow down/be delayed by the traps twice as much than if you could just type 'reveal trap "The Red Company"

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic