Managing the Wiki and You
Forum Index   Θ   Announcements   Θ   Outdated Announcements

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Kalopsios
Registered

Summer Intern

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:09 pm      Reply with quote

Hi, everyone!

I'm going to be going through the wiki and reformatting, adding, editing, etc. it. And frankly, it'd be pretty awesome if you guys could help me out a little; building an awesome and serviceable wiki in a reasonable amount of time is a somewhat daunting task. Here are a few ways you can do so:

How do you feel about the wiki as it stands, currently?

Were you able to find what you were looking for? Is the information helpful? Is the format easy and intuitive to navigate? Did it steal your babies while disguised as a dingo?

What information isn't on the wiki that should be?

This can be anything from lore and setting info to "how do i mud plz" pages to expansion on what already is there.

Post in this thread to request/discuss/suggest ideas. If you want to be super awesome, you can send me a rough first draft of an article and I can fix it up and put it up if it's appropriate. I'll make sure to credit you if that's the case!

If you find a typo while reading the wiki, let me know.

Typos include but are not limited to misspellings, improper punctuation, and strange or unclear sentence construction (run-ons and the like). No, spellings in British English are not misspellings.

Post a link to the article and a short sample of text so I can ctrl+F and find it quickly.

Mercury
Registered

hello human

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:47 pm      Reply with quote

:c

need infos on how to use the ROLL command properly

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:00 pm      Reply with quote

Here's all the info you'll ever need. Roll sucks.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:09 pm      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Here's all the info you'll ever need. Roll sucks.

The new roll command's pretty in line with stats, honestly. roll vs con/int/etc. easy/medium/hard OOC. Don't have to do OOC, that just echoes it.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
Mercury
Registered

hello human

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:26 pm      Reply with quote

Okay, great, thanks!

Guts
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:43 pm      Reply with quote

Should probably put something in about torture under the mature content section

Mercury
Registered

hello human

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:53 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:
Mature Content
Any objectionable content requires OOC consent prior to engagement. This includes roleplay of sexual, torture, or abusive nature.

http://forum.parallelrpi.com/doku.php?id=rules#mature_content

eltanimras
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:13 am      Reply with quote

The search function is oddly useless, as it stands. The only thing I think I've gotten it to return anything for so far is "rules".

More information about backgrounds, descriptions, and the character application process in general might be useful; I imagine some of it could be copied over from the game. Similarly skills, about which there have also been some useful forum posts that might be edited and re-purposed.

Despite the fact that it's neither playable nor meant to be, I don't think it would be unreasonable for the Market Watch to have its own blurb in the "Clans" section; surely the population has some general impressions of their character and membership. And although they're mentioned elsewhere, the smaller (mostly virtual) gangs might do with some collective description under this category as well.

Edited to add: the existence of the metro seems to be common knowledge in-game, and it's shown on the map. Perhaps it could get a brief mention under "Places of Interest"?

This forum, the "Help Desk", and "Player Documentation" probably all have worthwhile material to carry over. IC Board etiquette and color codes, the proper use of the teach command, etc.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:48 pm      Reply with quote

Would it be possible for the staff to put in some code that logs all the uses of help people try? To indicate what files are most often referenced, help files people are trying to find. Will give a good showing of what people do need help in finding.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:54 pm      Reply with quote

slyviolin wrote:
Would it be possible for the staff to put in some code that logs all the uses of help people try? To indicate what files are most often referenced, help files people are trying to find. Will give a good showing of what people do need help in finding.

It does log every time someone searches for a helpfile that doesn't exist.

Page 1 of 2   Θ   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic