Register a new account  
Gun skills have no effect
Forum Index   Θ   Bug Reports

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:27 am      Reply with quote

Methodology:

My admin avatar, set to mortal. All default skills at their appropriate level, long-blade, handgun, artistry, and sole-wield set to the correct level for a 4-skill starting character. Aim was set to the base-line amateur level for all tests. Rifle was increased in stages of 20, starting at 0 for the first test.

Each test consisted of two assault rifle magazines being fired at one of three identical NPCs in a room directly to the south, for a total of 70 shots. If an NPC went to resting from trauma, a different target was chosen. All of the NPCs were attired identically in gquality kevlar, with identical skills.

All shots were taken after aim had been fully achieved, waiting for it to return before firing again.

Four outcomes were tracked, from lowest to highest: miss, graze, hit, penetration.

A miss was any shot that did not strike an NPC. A graze was any hit that 'glanced', 'shaved', or 'grazed' the NPC. A hit was any bullet that lodged into their armor. A penetration was a hit that actually did damage, both ruptures and lodges.

The following were the results:

No Skill

Misses: 47
Grazes: 8
Hits: 15
Penetrations: 0

Novice:

Misses: 45
Grazes: 7
Hits: 17
Penetrations 1

Familiar:

Misses: 53
Graze: 3
Hit: 9
Penetrations: 5

Adroit:

Miss: 32
Graze: 8
Hit: 22
Penetrations: 8

As you can see, aside from the anomalous results for familiar (which are probably due to the low sample size, and are less significant when the number of penetrations are taken into consideration), there's a steady ramping up of hits on-target with raised gunskills.

This also does not take into account the significantly quicker aiming time and recoil management that accompanies a higher gunskill.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:45 am      Reply with quote

Holmes, just for clarity, Aim only affects aiming time?

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:02 am      Reply with quote

Tepes wrote:
Doesn't matter how many he knows. It's just clear.

Obviously it's not.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:10 am      Reply with quote

slyviolin wrote:
Holmes, just for clarity, Aim only affects aiming time?

I believe it also affects how likely you are to hit the person you're aiming at in a group (as opposed to someone else in that group), but I'm not certain.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:19 am      Reply with quote

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic