Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
Reality Check
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic

Poll Question and Results: Why do you not log in anymore?
I do, just not as much because RP sucks 4 votes, 17%
I do, just not as much because the admin/other players suck and don't fix certain things/play the game how I think they should 1 votes, 4%
I do, just not as much because the game is broken 1 votes, 4%
Because the game is broke, RP sucks, and/or I don't like the admin/other players much 10 votes, 43%
I do log in, man, I'm there all the time! 7 votes, 30%
Total Votes : 23
Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:03 am      Reply with quote

I think this thread was made for those who want thr game to improve, but don't know how. We want to know why people have started ti dwindle in play times and we seek a way to.improve quality as a pbase and not expect staff to pull a magic fix all rabbit from their hat. Do you have any reason as to why you don't enjoy thr game as much? You sayooc mindset, but Iit could mean several things, and not just what's listed here.

Yoink
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:12 am      Reply with quote

I just... Well, the setting just doesn't seem to appeal to me, at least not enough to make a real long-time investment in the game.

I played one character who I very much enjoyed, but then I just... Couldn't really think up another, different, concept that was as fun to play. I guess a lot of it stems from the fact that it's a very ' small' setting- everyone lives in the same town, probably knows everyone else of any importance, and outside of the capital F Families there is very little to differentiate anyone, background-wise.
Were there ever any docs relaxed regarding various "neighborhoods" of Rust, outside Family control? It's a bit hard to create a ' culture' for the area your character is from in a BG that no-one but you and an admin is ever gonna read.

Basically, in the setting there's little/no scope for playing a newcomer or outsider. You come into the game as just another person who's spent their life in Rust- and also, with the wastes outside and the scarcity of resources inside, who has time for infighting? Any of that delicious conflict we all thrive on has to be seriously forced by a bunch of players/RPAs or it just won't happen.

That being said, though, I still want to see the game succeed. I can't play -any- RPIs at the moment, but maybe once I'm able to again I'll retire my old PC (whose concept was way too awesome for me to do justice, sadly), make a new one and do my best to find the same sort of fun I had on day one.

Sorry if I rambled. This might end up being a long post; I'm sleepy.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 am      Reply with quote

I like hearimg suggestions like this. In atonement, there were like.... 5 towns besides gt? There was a deeper cup to drawl from, and with Maul, I did make up.my own placr outside of rust. Albeit, the place I.made up would not br known by very many at all. I think we could see if the staff or builders of thr game could.... idk, help out with that? MAYBE A PLACE that was previously thought to be desolate is now known as an.underground haven or something?

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:27 pm      Reply with quote

Lowdy wrote:
I like hearimg suggestions like this. In atonement, there were like.... 5 towns besides gt? There was a deeper cup to drawl from, and with Maul, I did make up.my own placr outside of rust. Albeit, the place I.made up would not br known by very many at all. I think we could see if the staff or builders of thr game could.... idk, help out with that? MAYBE A PLACE that was previously thought to be desolate is now known as an.underground haven or something?

Hmm it would be cool if we discovered another group of people on the moon and could start playing as them within Rust. It could spur a change in the way rust is run. Maybe it would be a nomadic group that comes close to Rust. People who decide to immigrate and live inside rust would find the family system odd and might want to change it.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote

ooooh! That would be neat! Maybe a new race you could select? Not necessarily rpp or with boosted stats or anything, but a different background.

Yoink
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:51 pm      Reply with quote

Well, I believe the IC reason was given as the lack of atmosphere remaining. I've no idea if player expeditions ever found the edge of it or anything, but Rust exists within a rare ' pocket' with no access to whatever lies beyond.

I always thought it would be interesting if a scouting/trading/mapping expedition from a distant settlement in another pocket of atmosphere could make their way to Rust wearing hardsuits.
Ideally they would be heavily armed enough (or the suits fragile enough) that the Families couldn't easily take the suits by force, and thus travel outside of Rust would still remain very limited.
It would add the potential to play as some out-of-towner travelling with the caravan and staying on in Rust for whatever reason.

There, my original post wasn't intended as a "suggestion". Have one that is!

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:11 pm      Reply with quote

Well, there is IC precedent for non-Rustians. The Cannibandits. Wasn't a large group, but it seemed to at least be a small community. Don't see the harm in adding a couple new background options, just no new play areas.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:40 pm      Reply with quote

I would personally like to see a group that lives outside of rust like the cannibandits did. For whatever reason they dont like Rust politics so they only visit for trade and shelther. These could be like communal nomads that work together to survive in the wild. As players we could use building code to make bases/camp outside of rust just to avoid the family systems.

Does anyone remember that Hillman tribe from Shadows of Isildur? They were essientially player made, they lived on the edge of the Anorien. But they created their own little mini-sphere while still being attached to the pel-anor sphere.

My thoughts is that we could create our own nomad group in the same fashion. Just assume there is Vnpc's that already survive outside of rust as hunter gatherers then join them as PC's.

This is an idea I would retire and make a new character to try. But it would require a sizeable group of characters to make work without any initial base to live in.

Hunter, fighters, and crafters would all be needed to actually make it feasible. But since Rust is right there it can still be visited for trade and you can still hang out in the boozer when you are in town.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:49 pm      Reply with quote

Adding a second play area is perhaps the worse idea ever. On this small a playerbase? It would be a game killer.

AdamBlue9000
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:56 pm      Reply with quote

Personally, the game just isn't as interesting as it was.

Like, I used to log in and be like, 'oh yes there's 40 players on let's go do some stuff hang out have a party oh man CANNIBANDITS oh wow ROBOT DUDE and BARKERS THIS IS SO COOL I WONDER IF I COULD TAME A BARKER WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE ROBOT WHERE DID THE CANNIBANDITS COME FROM YES WE TOTALLY WRECKED THEIR SHIT AND RAN AWAY FROM HIS BOMB-FILLED BODY' and "OH MAN WARS AND JUNK WOAH BETRAYAL AND PEOPLE ACTING CRAZY AND PEOPLE GETTING OOC BUTTHURT OR SOMETHING HA HA IT DOESN't MATTER THIS IS FUN STUFF IN GAME' as well as "OH MY GOD ROBOT CITY JESUS QUBERT JUMPING CHRIST FUCKING ROBOTS WITH GUN HANDS BLOCKS OF GOLD WE FIND OUT WHAT YEAR IT ACTUALLY IS -HOLY FUCKING JESUS CHRIST A GODDAMN HOVERCOPTER MY DICK IS STEEL DIAMONDS-'

And then it went to like 'awesome 30 players on, let's see whats OH SHIT THERE'S A FIRE BETTER GET THE WATA oh shit SECRET UNDERGROUND BASE FULL OF ZOMBIFYING SPORES HOLLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT' but we got rid of it via herbicide and then it just went away and we never really learned what it was and never really did anything with the whole 'hyperion entrance' thing because we can't without staff intervention and it sorta just eh.

And then it went to like 'oh cool 20 players on heh hey wow there are some strange things in the metro this is pretty neat, oh a little girl and tentacle monsters, wow, that's dangerous huh heh yeah cool' and 'woah hey a robot woman uh i guess we can't actually beat her even though we've taken out her entire group that's kinda wierd uh I guess we'll just ignore her oh she kidnapped someone uh i... well we can't really do anything because she's literally an admin killmonster oh well.'

and now it's like 'heh cool 10 people on that's neat hey let's go out to scav with five people because the other five are idling... oh shit vine monsters it's okay though we can take 'em- oh two monsters we're kinda getting wrecked let's flee and then THREE LAGATO OUTSIDE two people dead probably not going to make new characters ugh okay now I guess the first run we did in a while ended again in failure I guess five people isn't enough to go scavving with huh' and 'where is everyone christ i'm bored I can be doing other things quit/10'

I mean, there's just a lack of things to do. I mean, sure you can say 'oh, you can craft' and 'ohhh, why aren't you scavvvingg????' but crafting is boring and repetive and scavving is dangerous and also somewhat boring. It's just we have so little people, so little excitement, we can't continue on the current plot because of so little people which leads to little excitement which leads to people getting bored which leads to people not logging in, and then there are little people on at once.

So, I don't know. Just my two cents. It's not the admin's faults. They're two people and it feels like every other admin has pretty much abandoned this game because they have real lives, even though we're trying to cling on. We just need more people. More roleplay. Less 'stupid drama', more story, more advancement, more discoveries. More interesting things happening which make people -want- to play.

Page 2 of 8   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic