Home

Register a new account  
An Economic Proposal
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:52 pm      Reply with quote

All of what Kog said makes sense however. There is a culture of risk aversion in this mud. If an area is too difficult to do safely then people wont do it. If their are legendary mobs running around that could kill you if you were unlucky to come across it. People will avoid that area.

The pbase doesn't want to lose its characters unfortunately. I think things should be hard and I want PVE to kill characters occasionally. But people simply wont do any of the PVE that can result in death.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:21 pm      Reply with quote

So, a lot of the things that have been said here are things that were already on my slate to work on. I pretty much already have a three-pronged plan to approaching the game, at least until it dies or something else comes through, and Kog's pretty much hit on the core parts of two of the three prongs. I started with wilderness reworks, and because I'm a tad OCD, I'm probably going to finish this before I start anything else.

The first prong is obviously wilderness reworks. That started with the lab, and it's going to end with introduction of several new mobs and adjustment of pretty much all existing areas. The sewers are probably going to be brought up to just a tad below the labs in difficulty. The Metro to just above. The factories to about even with the Metro. The apartments to harder than that. The hospitals to super dangerous. I may mess with Robot City, the mountains, and the prison, along with other mostly unused areas.

The second prong is infrastructure reworking, and this would also be where RPAing starts to tie in a bit more. This is also probably where the sweeping and drastic changes would come. They may or may not involve blowing things up and a lot of exhausting crafts and progs.

The third prong is pretty much straight RPAing.

I have a good idea of where we want things to go. We've all become intimately familiar with most of the game's shortcomings over the past few (6) months. It's just going to take time.

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:25 pm      Reply with quote

Risk aversion is a normal part of a healthy human being, or Martian, or what have you. Just find like minded people to bring along if you want to go to these areas.

Also, I just want to mention with having a scav based economy that right now the only way to get patterns or molds or lots of various other things you need for crafting is buying them from NPCs. This might mean you need to add crafts so that players can make these things, or for things like kits that can be made, actually make it possible to find some of the components (I'm looking at you needles).

Also: removing the sewers entirely doesn't have to happen if we can add some mob spawning similar to the lab. Though I would make the area smaller.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:01 pm      Reply with quote

It's actually borderline impossible to set patterns up to be craftable. Or it would require extremely intensive progging or coding, which probably isn't worth the time.

Unless you want us to start getting into patterns for patterns, and that's just silly.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:08 am      Reply with quote

I'm all for area tweaking, turfquest changes, and also the introduction of new mobs (I have been looking forward to that for a long while). I actually didn't want to play anymore once they crammed everyone together on the ship due to unavailability to get rpp past 2 because to get that, you needed to do leadership. Now, I have seen a lot going into the mud and that's why I like it. I wanted to see more craft be opened. The fine shields and weapons are pulled out of availability for some reason. I think that could open up more "sinks" for chips. Also, new areas are always a good thing! I bet any one of the active players still around on the forums would be more than willing to help write descriptions. I know I would!

Going to the economy, (I know that's what this thread is for) I think getting 1-10 chips per turfquest was the point because it would make family members hire indies more often. Right now, there aren't many indies to speak of, but I have noticed the numbers logging in is growing. My suggestion would be to add GT 2.0 turfquests and I love the ideas of ganger fights/bounties to claim. That could make things interesting to come to the a part in the market and find a board of bounties with pictures (could also have artists renderings and give jobs to artists to depect them) Then have the NPCs leveled in difficulty and be around the various turfs or southside. Depending on their difficulty, they would have either gang members or be solo bad-asses. When you kill them, bring in their heads for the bounty! ^_^

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:23 pm      Reply with quote

This idea could use some refinement but what if you could do a 'collect tax' craft in every street room on family turfs. It could have a 1 hour cool down and net 1-3 chips. However if someone else tries to collect tax in that room for a 24 hour period they can't, they'll discover what family already collected there.

That way a family could properly emulate having dependents and turf because they would be collecting money from them actively. Better yet nothing is stopping family member A going to Families B turf to collect there, which could cause politic conflict which is good.

I think the chips and timer would have to be tweaked based on whether each family was raking in way too many chips everyday but that is unlikely. At most you could make probably 50 chips a day if EVERY single piece of one families turf was collected from.

This obviously would be a substitute for turf quest, having both would be insane.

Page 2 of 2   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic