Register a new account  
The Return
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
User8223
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:22 am      Reply with quote

Greetings.

HAL arrived at our doorstep this evening, and announced that he plans to start offering some of his time to the game. That said, he asked me to start a thread about some of the things that happened that started removing interest in the game, that might be undone/corrected to hopefully draw some interest back. Here's a few things that he and I discussed.

The plot that killed Bjork and undid the market watch, thus removing a neutral location from the game, and inspiring a lot of gun violence, shopkeeper killing and looting.

The bases losing their power and water as people with the proper skills stopped working, making them unusable.

The coalition that combined the three families into a family.

The auto-aggro-NPC loaders (birds/crocs/monkeys) that, when left unchecked by regular "killing maintenance" made parts of the city deadly.

The decline of availability in scav areas without the promised staff follow through of opening new scav areas.

Most of the shop NPCs have been killed, and shops looted.

A few other key NPCs such as the cooking supply one, and the scrip market one, in the market are gone.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:09 pm      Reply with quote

User8223 wrote:
The bases losing their power and water as people with the proper skills stopped working, making them unusable.

This shouldn't be an issue anymore, or in the last year or so.

User8223 wrote:
The auto-aggro-NPC loaders (birds/crocs/monkeys) that, when left unchecked by regular "killing maintenance" made parts of the city deadly.

In-city spawning should be disabled.

User8223 wrote:
The decline of availability in scav areas without the promised staff follow through of opening new scav areas.

Scavenging locales are actually more available presently (gatos don't aggro unless you're a solo-scavver), unless there's something else you're referring to? I don't think anything ever changed with what's available to scav, at least in my recollection.

User8223 wrote:
Most of the shop NPCs have been killed, and shops looted.

A few other key NPCs such as the cooking supply one, and the scrip market one, in the market are gone.

Most of those should be replaced or have been replaced.

User8223
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:48 pm      Reply with quote

I've been told that the Red and Niner bases are without power. Something about the fix having worked for a while, then stopped working. I believe at some point there was a code/roomprog/some sorta reversion, after something got really broke?

Most of the shop/market NPCs were replaced. And then all murdered again.

In my conversation with HAL, he did say that the first thing he planned to do was restore the Market Watch, so hopefully there shouldn't have to be a round 6 of NPC replacement.

As for the scav sites, I was going on 2nd hand information, so that could have been incorrect.

crayon
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:59 pm      Reply with quote

All three family bases have running utilities, and have had them for 6+ months now, regardless of maintenance.

Restoring the Market Watch should do wonders for putting a stop to the shopkeeper griefing, if HAL goes that route.

User8223
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:23 pm      Reply with quote

crayon wrote:
All three family bases have running utilities, and have had them for 6+ months now, regardless of maintenance.

Well, that's what I get for believing people. Good, then it seems like the list isn't terribly long.

crayon wrote:
Restoring the Market Watch should do wonders for putting a stop to the shopkeeper griefing, if HAL goes that route.

And not just NPCs, but the repeated cases of, walk into a room, get randomly shot.

Guts
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:51 am      Reply with quote

Honestly I would love to see this game back intact

LukeRM
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:41 pm      Reply with quote

I'd like to see the game back on its feet, as well.

User8223
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:37 pm      Reply with quote

So! Just to update. Thanks to some quick work by Chazz, the Market has been restored as a neutral zone, the wandering Market Watch are back. Over the next few days, we should hopefully be seeing the return of the other missing NPCs, including shop guards, the robotics supply NPC, the weapon mold NPC, the pawn shop NPC, and if we're extra lucky, a new barkeeper.

Chazz is also working through some of the current code issues causing the crashes we're having a few times a day and feels he should be able to tackle that out. And as a backup, he's working on an instant-rebooter script (the current one will reboot on the hour if the game is down).

Woohoo! Chazz should be around as available to approve applications and answer requests. HAL's been ultra busy, but his presence still hovers, and we'll hopefully be hearing some more from him when he gets a bit less busy.

Yay progress!

AdamBlue9000
Registered

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:56 am      Reply with quote

Weak. 'gato I was tracking got full-health again mid-fight then double-critted me in the head. GG. Guess I'm done playin'.

Azmodan
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:01 am      Reply with quote

I'd love to know that there was a place where just a couple people could go to do a little scaving. I know a lot of changes were made to various areas but otherwise I find myself in the dark. Part of me thinks I should just take the risk, but the other part of me has worked for a very long time on my current character and doesn't want to see the poor fellow pasted.

Page 1 of 4   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic