Home

Register a new account  
Metals and weapons
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Mannfreid
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote

I'de like staff input on this. Recently there was an IC arguement that broke down to ooc arguements over metals and weapons. With one guy saying Magnon was better for two-handed, blunt weapons, and a bunch of people calling him an idiot.

When people went ooc with it, he said that when he first started playing PRPI that somewhere in the Doc's or on the site, it said that the weight was a factor. But the Docs have been changed a lot lately, as we all know.

As also a new player, I remember seeing this as well, and can't find it. I've heard different things IC and OOC too. Such as, the metal doesn't effect damage at all, just durability, and that only Titon and Alion effect damage, and a few other theories.

Since there are people who specifically live there life on this craft, could staff weigh in?

Aken
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:58 pm      Reply with quote

Alion is a flat -1 to all weapon damage.

Titon is a flat +1 to all weapon damage.

Chrion, manon and magnon all do the same, unmodified, base damage. The only differences between them are weight and durability.

Mannfreid
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:08 pm      Reply with quote

Aint doubting you man. And I know you're a Mod. Still would like Watson or Holmes to weigh in, just to confirm. Since i think they do all the coding?

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:23 pm      Reply with quote

Yes, what Aken said is correct, and has been correct since Beta.

Mannfreid
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote

Awesome. It's nice to know for sure now.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:32 pm      Reply with quote

awesome, thanks for the info. also, isn't alion -massively- less durable than the other metals? I mean, not just a small difference?

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:48 pm      Reply with quote

Alion is the crap metal. It is about 10% heavier than Chrion, and about 80% as durable. Weapons made of it will suck, and will get a -1 damage penalty. Good for sparring, right?

Chrion is, of course, the base metal. It is standard, normal, and does what it needs to.

Magnon weighs about the same as Alion, but is about 10% more durable than Chrion.

Manon weighs about 10% less than Chrion, and is generally quite nifty, though it is not particularly more durable than the other metal.

Titon, of course, is amazing. It is 80% the weight of Chrion, and 20% more durable. Weapons made of titon get a bonus of 1 damage.

kel
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:04 pm      Reply with quote

How does this apply to plated armor?

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:27 pm      Reply with quote

^ I would -assume- it all comes down the durability and weight, just removing everything related to damage attached to it. Could be crazy though.

Page 1 of 1   Θ  
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic