Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
Please consider that...
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Roadhawk
Registered

We lurk inside your brain, we hide inside your mind.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:20 pm      Reply with quote

Hyriana wrote:
Tepes wrote:
I think this is something everyone would have ended up knowing about, plenty of time prior. That's the issue.

Yes and no. There was pretty considerable effort made to keep it a secret within the clan. People who did the building didn't wear markings and were masked and such. The Gates weren't built on site, they were moved there after. There was a gatehouse up prior, but I'm not sure it really would have been clear what the building /was/ other than just some strange looking building.

Perhaps it was the way in which it was kept secret? Largely through OOC means, lack of visible presence IG, lack of word of mouth, lack of anything. Surprised a clan was able to keep such a thing secret though, rarely do you see that happening when they aren't networked OOCly to stress the importance of keeping it secret.

Warrior on the edge of time.
grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:50 pm      Reply with quote

Roadhawk wrote:
secret

Quote:
OOC means, lack of visible presence IG, lack of word of mouth, lack of anything.

WorkerDrone wrote:
Hey, so, I can comment that people it MIGHT relate to were made aware of it ICly. Some of the event itself only on the day it happened, and the day after when it was all said and done. Others as much as a week in advance. Not everyone was made aware of this (certain clan away from two others) because, aptly, they probably wouldn't know about what was going on the entire way across Rust, much.

padweld999 wrote:
Yes, people -knew- (at least a few outside of that clan)

"OOC means"/"secret" are probably words people are getting confused on the definition of. When the Niners know about this, and just aren't prepared, it's less-so a secret and more just nobody felt like telling your PC. Which is an IC thing.

ETA: Tepes, re: we should've known, I can't help but again point to Staff being involved for two weeks and not posting anything. Take that as you will when it comes to IC information.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.
irkallia
Guide

f--- you that's my fish and i'm having sex with it

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:12 pm      Reply with quote

It's a problem, but it's not one that's ever gonna get resolved. These things happen. More frequently to those of us who play odd hours - I have to admit I'm sort of chuckling about this, to be honest (yep, I'm a terrible person), because this is basically what I felt like every week, playing a clanlead in Beta on off-peak hours. Log in to find out about all the things that happened without me, and that I could've had a major influence in, had I been logged in.

It sucks. Welcome to the club. It's not that I'm unsympathetic - heck, I'm totally empathetic. It does suck. And there's nothing you can do about it, because it's after the fact by the time you find out.

No one knows that better than I do, I'm pretty sure. But it happens, and mostly it doesn't happen to you people who play peak.

Unfortunately, there isn't much to be done about it except to shrug it off, tell yourself "It's a game," and move on. Particularly, as in this situation, when there was apparently an IC focus on secrecy.

NB: I know nothing about what happened. Almost. I know what it was, but I haven't been logged in in two weeks.

That said, if the clan doing the secret planning was moving against the clan that wasn't notified, and made their move purposely when the other clan's lead was away, that's a dick move. Not that I'm saying this happened, 'cause honestly I'm not sure exactly what happened, but -if- that were the case, then I'd not look kindly on the aggressor clan. Otherwise? Again, it's a game, these things happen. It just so happens that now it's happened to you.

Lowdy
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:19 pm      Reply with quote

Quick question, how would someone know that it would be when the clanlead is gone? Honestly we don't have access to their forums or their information. I know I have no ooc contact with anyone in a leadership position. And all the info I heard from was IG and was kept IG. I wouldn't even talk about the secret to fellow clan-mates OOCly.

irkallia
Guide

f--- you that's my fish and i'm having sex with it

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:27 pm      Reply with quote

There was an announcement made in the away thread, Lowdy, regarding a clanlead being absent this weekend or something. Again, I am -not- saying that the situation I outlined is what happened. I'm saying that's the only situation in which I'd consider it justified to be pissed off about what the OP is concerned about.

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:33 pm      Reply with quote

Official announcement in clan went out on Thursday and the thread announcement was Friday about the awayness.

Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:36 pm      Reply with quote

There was no foul play here.

Any appearance of it is a mix of not paying enough attention to your surroundings and Staff failing to post appropriate vnpc mumblings, for which I apologize.

Page 3 of 3   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic