Home

Register a new account  
Economy
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:06 pm      Reply with quote

I really like the idea of trading paste the the starving slummers for some sort of labor or trade. Preferably labor I just don't know in what form since it doesn't make sense for construction crafts.

Edit: WHAT IF you could buy npcs with paste for temporary periods so you can fill in the numbers you need for scav trips or have a fleshy hauling bot instead of a robot. Then you can use these meat shield vnpcs turned npc's as padding for a scav team that needs the numbers to even just hit the factories (which it has been hard to hit the numbers lately for that). Make the npc's last a day make it so they get temporary clanning so you can order them around. Let families equip them if they want, make them like really shit fighters with novice combat skills.

Tyrael
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 pm      Reply with quote

Flincher14 wrote:
I really like the idea of trading paste the the starving slummers for some sort of labor or trade. Preferably labor I just don't know in what form since it doesn't make sense for construction crafts.

Edit: WHAT IF you could buy npcs with paste for temporary periods so you can fill in the numbers you need for scav trips or have a fleshy hauling bot instead of a robot. Then you can use these meat shield vnpcs turned npc's as padding for a scav team that needs the numbers to even just hit the factories (which it has been hard to hit the numbers lately for that). Make the npc's last a day make it so they get temporary clanning so you can order them around. Let families equip them if they want, make them like really shit fighters with novice combat skills.

This wouldn't work. It would make bare-bones scav teams with a horde of zombie-faced, soulless NPC's following people for no reason other than to get stuff. It makes a kind of immersion damaging line between 'real' people (PC's) and 'not real' people (NPC's) who nobody cares about, takes notice of, or tries to interact with in any way apart from request chimpanzee A rescue them from lagato while they run for their lives.

The solution is to find stuff to do inside the city without scavving being your sole and constant focus. Interact with your Family, enrich your character, etc etc.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:18 pm      Reply with quote

What about a system to sway the NPC hoardes of the slums? Just throwing up a very brief idea but what about making turf-quests into influence tug of wars? Bully the people of the slums to get chips but lower your influence, or give them stuff to raise their opinion of you for... some sort of perk?

Hyriana
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 pm      Reply with quote

Any idea that I think is really good came up in chat, so just going to relay it:
turfquests should be given a material requirement: like needing to offer a bar of metal/plastic/cloth or a two tubs of medication when you do 'help the slummers' quest. Or needing to actually fight off two gangers when you rescue a slummer. That and pumping up turfquests to require 2-3 people to make them more interactive.

And before anyone asks, maybe the hooker turfquest could require you to give her some condoms. Or maybe clothes or food/water to get her strength up.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:31 pm      Reply with quote

Hyriana wrote:
Any idea that I think is really good came up in chat, so just going to relay it:
turfquests should be given a material requirement: like needing to offer a bar of metal/plastic/cloth or a two tubs of medication when you do 'help the slummers' quest. Or needing to actually fight off two gangers when you rescue a slummer. That and pumping up turfquests to require 2-3 people to make them more interactive.

And before anyone asks, maybe the hooker turfquest could require you to give her some condoms. Or maybe clothes or food/water to get her strength up.

I love this idea. The actual example of condoms might not make sense because they cost chips to get. But still this idea is mad good.

Trading various types of resources for a chip kick back from turfquest would be nice.

This does not however solve the fact we don't have enough things to spend chips on.

Page 2 of 2   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic