Home

Register a new account  
A Gentle Reminder
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Tyrael
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:47 pm      Reply with quote

Just because you're complaining Zerero, doesn't mean 'the whole playerbase' is. Parallel isn't dead. If it was dead, it would be shut-down. Plenty of people still play. There was a large dip in player numbers when Skyrim came out, and I expected this to happen when GTA V came out, too.

Nedinu
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:39 pm      Reply with quote

Oh man, I just remembered when Skyrim came out. I'm less worried about the dip now.

Flincher14
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:39 pm      Reply with quote

Tyrael wrote:
Just because you're complaining Zerero, doesn't mean 'the whole playerbase' is. Parallel isn't dead. If it was dead, it would be shut-down. Plenty of people still play. There was a large dip in player numbers when Skyrim came out, and I expected this to happen when GTA V came out, too.

Holy crap this has nothing to do with GTA V. This dip in players pre-dates GTA V. When people get bored of GTA they wont just come back to this game unless there is changes.

Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:49 pm      Reply with quote

I've honestly been on a ton less and been ignoring builder stuff since GTA came out myself, just saying.

grandpa
Registered

Entrenched Oldbie

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 pm      Reply with quote

Europa Universalis IV. Which I got a month late. And GTAV some. Though GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption were both better.

Tyrael
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:10 pm      Reply with quote

When Skyrim came out, numbers hit the low teens on Atonement.

Zerero
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:40 pm      Reply with quote

I'm not using the term 'dead' to just portray the lack of player activity. Anyway, I think I'm complaining a lot less than most people. Just look at half of the threads on the forum, excluding those full of people asking for more mudsex items.

*insert troll face* Grandpa, CKII > Europa.

Nedinu
Registered

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:49 pm      Reply with quote

Zerero wrote:
Just look at half of the threads on the forum, excluding those full of people asking for more mudsex items.

That reminds me. I'd like crafts to make lubricant and a rubber chicken. Don't ask.

Lokilol
Registered

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:22 am      Reply with quote

Nedinu wrote:
Zerero wrote:
Just look at half of the threads on the forum, excluding those full of people asking for more mudsex items.

That reminds me. I'd like crafts to make lubricant and a rubber chicken. Don't ask.

What do you need them for?

/me fights the urge to paste in stuff for them

Kuromushi
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:16 pm      Reply with quote

i've been working... all I do is work... yesterday was a 13 hour shift at work. Between work, the wife and my extremely negligible social life, I haven't been able to get online at all.

Regardless, my opinion is that in families/clans, there's always a small caste of active members, the ones that get most of the work done. That's us. Theres billions of slummers and probably hundreds of lucky individuals with enough talent or skill to be usefal enough to said family, people with relatively higher than average skill at what they do.

I roleplay that there are an abundance of people in the market and so on, acknwoledging that even though the active pbase is waning, it's not a ghost town. Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean that they aren't there. In realtiy there's heaps of people in the town, but we don't see them, too busy focusing on our own lives. We screen them out in favor of those we know and subconsciously care about. Ie. Oh hey look, it's Robby, "Yo Rob! Over here!" just the way the world works. I agree that we shouldn't roleplay rust a ghost town, though with very little to do and with no coder to make exciting things, the same old same old is turning activity with the castes into a dull chore.

Page 3 of 3   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic