Home

Register a new account  
Rust
Forum Index   Θ   Announcements   Θ   Outdated Announcements

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:10 pm      Reply with quote

This is just the tip of the iceburg. Throttle is doing a really great job putting this game together.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:20 pm      Reply with quote

Oh hells yeah.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:51 am      Reply with quote

Finally got around to reading the story- definitely interesting new spin on the game..

Red Company- willies
Block Nine (or whatever it was) -Vultures
New Guard- Rev army

New spin.. but not really a new game there eh?

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:27 am      Reply with quote

throttle wrote:
We were going to just rerun Grungetown but Jaunt told us we couldn't so we've come up with an alternative.

We're not pretending this is an entirely new, original game.

Trying to create a whole new game was what killed Parallel in the first place. It's just too much work and stress for a small team.

This is a compromise and means we'll end up with a playable game instead of a load of wasted time and a burnt out, overworked staff.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:19 pm      Reply with quote

Yerp. Parallel devolopment.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote

Yugithzale wrote:
Finally got around to reading the story- definitely interesting new spin on the game..

Red Company- willies
New Guard- Rev army

Doesn't sound the same at all. The new gangs/organizations don't have that cartoony feel that old ones did. From the little blurb we've read it seems like Rust will avoid that comic feel and I'm happy about it.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:13 pm      Reply with quote

Yugithzale wrote:

Red Company- willies
New Guard- Rev army

You know what there isn't? No undefeatable New Phoenix. No unstoppable psychic aliens. What there is is a sand boxy game with realistic and defeatable enemies.

Grungetown is no more the player area is completely redone and races are also almost going to be completely different from Atonement. Stuffs pretty new and fresh for the amount of time it's going to take to get the game up and going.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:18 pm      Reply with quote

Two counter-points to anyone who is thinking, "Eh, this is just the same game, different name."

1) The changes that they are making to the story to separate it from Atonement's gameworld mean that nothing's written in stone - and nothing about the plot will go in the same direction as Atonement's. A month in, two months in, and it will begin to grow into its own entirely, so long as the players allow it to by not falling back on the characters they played before.

2) The primary antagonist that defined Atonement doesn't exist at all in this world, and Throttle's done a nice job of writing a fresh background. It's technical things, like the number of major clans, technology levels at the start of the game, etc, that are staying the same. Those code familiarities won't define Parallel, just as Atonement's features were not what defined it. Atonement was a linear, campaign-driven game. Parallel will be a sandbox. There's really not two philosophies more different than those.

I don't think Throttle believes me, but I really am looking forward to seeing what these folks put together. The community deserves more quality RPIs, and I'm glad to know that this project (while having changed from its initial intentions) is still moving forward.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:15 pm      Reply with quote

Jaunt wrote:
The community deserves more quality RPIs, and I'm glad to know that this project (while having changed from its initial intentions) is still moving forward.

Jaunt is good at posting.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:55 pm      Reply with quote

I've been keeping up with events on this site, and I'm -so- excited. I'm sure I'm not the only one, so on behalf of all the other RP'ers silently lurking this site for updates, thanks for your work!

Page 2 of 7   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic