Home

Register a new account  
So, Atonement v10.6.3.6.2.7832.3.65.7.2.256.5...7.5.23.534.3
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:08 am      Reply with quote

So. Now we're leaning towards a blender dumping into a new version of Grungetown.

I started in Atonement 3.0, post Grungetown, on the Ship. One of those silly podders.

If.. (if)... "if".. IF... this four hundred and thirty second rebirth goes through. Assuming it sticks to the semi-original timeline. Would the staff be cool with that broken down spaceship in that old junkyard puking forth some podders? IE: remaking some chars from 3.0.

Honestly? I hope so. As sorta-cool and rather-nontraditional as the end was, it was, ultimately, a rather shitty way to end a bunch of PCs who'd put in months and months of growth. And a chance to try again, and actually develop said PCs to their non-forced end, I think, would be an appealing enough away to attract some players back.

Peace.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:46 am      Reply with quote

No, sorry. It's a new game with a new story and the old PCs never existed in this universe.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:25 pm      Reply with quote

I think that "remaking" characters from Atonement, whether it be Beta, 1.0, 2.0, or ship-to-mars, would just be downright annoying. When our characters died at the end of Atonement, it was meant to be the end, and it was a glorious one at that. Even if it was sad and depressing, afterward you could sit back, look at your game screen, and just smile knowing you were able to be a part of that ending.

If, say, I were to make a character named Bearclaw(or any other form of pastry) and go around acting like a punk kid, it would lose it's appeal to me, personally, because I've done it before with Danish.

For the sake of keeping the new game a fresh and original idea, I think it's a good plan for everybody to not revert to their old PCs. Try something new-- who knows, you might even like it more than your old podder, or your old Grunger.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote

Damn ok... Guess i won't roll Druce Dammer.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:27 pm      Reply with quote

mag3man1 wrote:
I think that "remaking" characters from Atonement, whether it be Beta, 1.0, 2.0, or ship-to-mars, would just be downright annoying. When our characters died at the end of Atonement, it was meant to be the end, and it was a glorious one at that. Even if it was sad and depressing, afterward you could sit back, look at your game screen, and just smile knowing you were able to be a part of that ending.

If, say, I were to make a character named Bearclaw(or any other form of pastry) and go around acting like a punk kid, it would lose it's appeal to me, personally, because I've done it before with Danish.

For the sake of keeping the new game a fresh and original idea, I think it's a good plan for everybody to not revert to their old PCs. Try something new-- who knows, you might even like it more than your old podder, or your old Grunger.

You have the right of it here. For people who want a new RPI, this is a chance. If people just re-create characters from Atonement with slightly changed names/details (or even outright), those characters aren't going to be taken seriously by most players.

Have some faith in the staff, accept that this game will be similar to Atonement in some ways, different in many others, and be ready to take a shot at a new experience.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:41 pm      Reply with quote

There's a special place in hell for characters that aren't made with effort and seriousness. One of my worst memories of early beta was the pair of asshats who made Jay and Silent Bob characters.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:43 pm      Reply with quote

Jay and Quiet Bob.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:24 pm      Reply with quote

Ill Advised Arnold.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:21 pm      Reply with quote

I'll be playing Zot, the Capitalist dagger-wielder, only out for himself. Missing an eye, but with both ears.

Implementor
Registered

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 pm      Reply with quote

Hrmm. So this setting has what, re-purposed tech and a backwater slum. Basically Grunge, but everyone's a con instead of being a raggedy crew of misfits. Does that mean absolutely zero chance of having any kind of education?

Page 1 of 3   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic