Navigation

Home

Register a new account  
Which clan are you most likely to app into?
Forum Index   Θ   General Discussion

Reply to Topic Create a Topic

Poll Question and Results: Which clan are you most likely to app into?
The New Guard 10 votes, 14%
The Block Niners 14 votes, 19%
The Red Company 20 votes, 28%
None, I'm going Indie 18 votes, 25%
Undecided 9 votes, 12%
Total Votes : 71
Holmes
Dictator in Absentia

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:04 am      Reply with quote

Well!?

malfunction
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:20 am      Reply with quote

I'm definitely not going to apply into any of them from the start. I'm going indie before I get the feel of them all and then maybe even after.

HAL
Administrator

Senior RPA

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:13 am      Reply with quote

I hope folks do app into them from the start. Much of the documentation is "loose" by design, meaning that we hope you guys take the reins and really make these clans into what you imagine them to be.

kog
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:41 am      Reply with quote

I like the look of the New Guard and the Red Company - posh gangsters or soldiers sound awesome. Niners has some potential too, but I'd rather have a top hat and a tommy gun or run around soldiering than be just a typical thug.

Tepes
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:02 am      Reply with quote

I have made my decision.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:48 am      Reply with quote

only one of them really applies to my current PC (well, what will be my current PC), and since it was pointed out to me that it is good to encourage clan activity, I will be...joining a family *shudder*.

malfunction
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:38 pm      Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
I hope folks do app into them from the start. Much of the documentation is "loose" by design, meaning that we hope you guys take the reins and really make these clans into what you imagine them to be.

I understand that and it really will be cool when we start seeing the PCs we knew and interacted with listed as the clan's shaping figures (instead of some Dom Wilmington that no one really knew or cared about). I completely support the direction this new game is taking.

However, the fun for me lies in being on my own and looking over my shoulder, always being one meal short of dying, scrounging for basic equipment etc. I don't want security that a clan provides. Yet. I hope there's room in the game for indies to grow up to be capable guides, doctors, mercenaries and hitmen and in that way shape the general culture of Rust. Or die poor and forgotten and still shape the general culture of Rust.

After all this tl;dr, if I joined a clan it would be Niners or Reds. I hope people won't make The New Guard into some wild wild west caricature, with top hats and corsets.

Nedinu
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:04 pm      Reply with quote

I will most likely app into a clan, but I cannot say which one. No matter how much I plan out a character, I usually change a lot of stuff about them right before submitting an app, so I may say Niners now but end up changing my guy's profession, personality, and clan right before pressing enter.

mag3man1
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:29 pm      Reply with quote

I'll be straight forward: My first PC is rolling in with the Red Company. I've always liked the atmosphere of militaristic clans in RPIs, and I can't see a reason not to.

Drifter
Registered

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:28 pm      Reply with quote

Current perspective is Indie. It's a kinder step into a marginally new scene, and I think it's funner to join sides through actual RP and persuasion -- or coercion.

Page 1 of 3   Θ   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic