Register a new account  
Sparring Weapons
Forum Index   Θ   PRPI Public Development

Reply to Topic Create a Topic
Matt
Registered

Builder

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:52 pm      Reply with quote

Even if its only to fam I still think its lame.

Zerero
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 pm      Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Even if its only to fam I still think its lame.

Agreed, once again.

kog
Registered

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:59 pm      Reply with quote

Gonna have to agree to disagree, I guess - I think it's dumb to send people out into a real fight with a crappy weapon and go 'good luck!' when...pretty much every single group of fighters I can think of do some sort of sparring/training with weapons before actually trying to use them.

Zerero
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:23 am      Reply with quote

Lmao, not gonna argue over twinking. It's ridiculous.

Chrjo12
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:53 am      Reply with quote

I agree. Let's have more racing to a fight with a lagato/spider/dog/w/e in order to twink fighting skills since you can't twink elsewhere. I've already seen people taking the initiative to rescue when people don't need rescuing.

Also, the idea of capping newbies at familiar for their first fight with a lagato is kind of dumb. There is no amount of preparation you can take to deal with a lagato besides armor; enjoy your repeated beatings or potential death.

Meanwhile, already ranked up players with significantly less risk of dying will be twinking as normal and occupying those valuable spots in melee longer than ever.

Tepes
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:54 am      Reply with quote

I don't like this sparring idea, still.

padweld999
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:59 am      Reply with quote

ok, god, nobody is going to win this argument, alright?! This is just going back and forth between 'realism' and game balance. Let's just let the admins decide, now that we have made our ideas and points.

slyviolin
Registered

Sometimes I struggle with my demons. Other times we just fuck and have cheesecake.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:51 am      Reply with quote

As an offpeaker here is my input:

I will never make a combat character.
Sewers only get you so far apparently.
Apparently solo-wilderness is nearly insta-death, I might be wrong but I hear you have to be like a super hardass to even try going out in anything smaller than a brigade of soldiers.
While i admit it's severely twinkable way to train, for some people it's going to be the only thing they can do to play certain character concepts, and I think it's pretty shit that a person has to limit their character concepts just because they can't join in the usual scav groups.

wirsindallein
Registered

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:55 am      Reply with quote

slyviolin wrote:
Apparently solo-wilderness is nearly insta-death, I might be wrong but I hear you have to be like a super hardass to even try going out in anything smaller than a brigade of soldiers.

With the right skills, and a lot of reading time of Real's guide, it's not that hard, actually.
Just...know which rooms won't output any info when you scan them. There are a few.

Bogre
Registered

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:43 am      Reply with quote

kog wrote:
Gonna have to agree to disagree, I guess - I think it's dumb to send people out into a real fight with a crappy weapon and go 'good luck!' when...pretty much every single group of fighters I can think of do some sort of sparring/training with weapons before actually trying to use them.

Or when there's about 20 players on scav runs and it's whoever spams in 'kill lagato' first. Smile

Page 5 of 8   Θ   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:  
Reply to Topic Create a Topic